Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 12-21-2005, 03:26 AM

Default Anyone play at sunpoker?

Just signed up a rakeback account there but have not deposited yet. Is the 50 deposit, and 40 monthly bonus all you get as a first time player. What do you guys think of the skill level of the games? I play 1/2 to 3/6 limit, but occasionly do SNG's and tourneys. How do you like the site in general. Thanx in advance for the info.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:42 AM

Default Re: Anyone play at sunpoker?

its just the same as all of the cryptos.

and yes, the $50/$40 is what you get on signup. thereafter there's $40/month for 200 raked hands.

they do have one of the better rakeback plans of all the cryptos as far as %'s, though interpoker is close and doesn't deduct bonuses from mgr. and i believe that sun does.

edit to correct: it appears that sun might not deduct from mgr as well. at least they don't appeat to have at this point for me this month.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:55 AM

Thanks for the info.

I just logged in and sat down at some play money tables to get use to the software and got a pop up saying i would get 10 bucks an hour to play at a specific table. Is this normal? Does the 10 bucks an hour come out of my MGR? Also thought I saw the bet cap at 5 bets for fixed limit. I will have to get use to that. I have only played at party, stars, and pacific. Anything else that is different with the cryptos? I am mostly interested in ease of games, table selection, and primetime. Noticed more players on at 3 in the morning then at 11pm. Also can i sit at the euro tables? or am I only allowed to sit at the dollar tables?
Old 12-21-2005, 07:42 AM

The $10 per hour is a prop for starting up a new table. Once the table is mostly full it is stopped, so you may get $5 or so for starting a table. Not really worth it unless you like to play SH.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:15 AM

I signed up with CaribbeanSun / SunPoker last month.

They didn't subtract my signup bonus from my MGR but they did subtract my monthly bonus from my MGR.

Dave
Old 12-21-2005, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The $10 per hour is a prop for starting up a new table. Once the table is mostly full it is stopped, so you may get $5 or so for starting a table. Not really worth it unless you like to play SH.

[/ QUOTE ]

the prop stuff is not worth it at all in my experience. Usually when I do it I sit at an empty table for a few minutes, nobody shows and they say they are giving me $.05