Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2005, 08:00 PM

Default Flop 3--bet with 45s

How bad is this? Both opponents are unknown. The BB has about 3BB at the start of the hand and MP1 has about 3.5BB.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (9 max, 10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: I is SB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, I complete, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">I bet</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">I 3-bet</font>

I usually checkraise this flop, but I thought I'd switch it up and represent an A. I think this might be better if they weren't shortstacked, or maybe it sucks period?
Old 11-12-2005, 08:15 PM

Default Re: Flop 3--bet with 45s

You have two fairly dubious outs, and your pot odds are bad, so I like folding. Plus you are out of position.
Old 11-12-2005, 08:18 PM

Especially given their shortstackedness (since they are committed) this seems dubious to say the least. Even when you're ahead your pot equity must suck.
Old 11-12-2005, 08:20 PM

I would like this a lot better if you had, say A4, and the flop was A55. with a flop like that you would have two (pretty much) nut outs. but here you could very easily be drawing dead.
Old 11-13-2005, 06:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I usually checkraise this flop

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I usually check/fold this flop.

-DeathDonkey
Old 11-13-2005, 08:03 AM

Gotta love those short-stacked players. Suicide their last 2 BB on basically anything.

Even though you might have the best hand now I think the reverse equity or whatever that thing is called..... comes into play here. Your hand might not hold up by the river.

I personally check/fold.
Old 11-13-2005, 08:54 AM

How can people possibly be check folding this flop? I equally don't understand trying to check raise, as you have no idea if your opponents will actually bet the flop. I like betting and reevaluating. Given that you have both a call, and a raise, I think your equity is pretty shot and you can just fold the flop. If one of your opponents folds, and the other raises, I think it is safe to stay in, hoping he was raising his flush draw. Given that you have both a call and a raise, I think the majority of the time we either have kicker problems, are behind to an ace, have flush problems, or all of the above.
Old 11-13-2005, 09:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the majority of the time we either have kicker problems, are behind to an ace, have flush problems, or all of the above.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sums up why I like check/folding. Put it another way, if you bet this flop, it doesn't matter what your cards are.

-DeathDonkey
Old 11-13-2005, 01:29 PM

I think you have knockout syndrome i get it all the time. WHen i see a short stack ifeel its my god given duty to push them all in. I dont like the play on the flop. you should fold but since you risk is low( cant put too many more bets in)i call this a gamble shot and i think once in a great while a play like this is ok even though it has terrible ev. Just dont let it go to your head [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-13-2005, 02:28 PM

poopoo.