Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-22-2005, 02:06 PM

Default Re: What percentage of players \"consistently\" win?

[ QUOTE ]
According to my PT stats, 67% loser, 33% winners....over 100,000 hands. Simply win or lose, doesnt mean there are big winners or big losers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this take into account the winners who multi-table?

In other words, if you consider that after rake is considered, possibly 47% of players win, and 53% lose. OK, so what about when you realize that the winners are likely 4-tabling, and so four winning hands at a time could all be attributed to 1 human. And the even better players play 6, 8, 10 tables at once. This should help clarify that probably 5% of the players out there are really beating the game up, while another 40% or so are barely in the black, and over 50% are losing, some of which are losing tons.

In other words, lets look at it like this: If $100M is wagered, then lets say $5M is automatically lost to rake, leaving $95M to be paid out. Let's say there are 20 players who each earn $1M 1-tabling. 20 players earn $2M 2-tabling, 10 players earn $3.5M 4-tabling.

That means there are 50 winning players.

The losers would probably be about 60 players each losing up to $2M dollars.

In other words out of 110 players, 10 of those are earning over 1/3 of all the money paid out. It's very top-heavy. While the losers are probably all very similar (slight losers).

These numbers are just total shots in the dark of course, but I hope I made the point that the skillful players are playing (and winning at) multiple tables. One skillful player could take down 4 different pots at 4 different tables against 4 different fish. The money won and lost is equal, but only 1 of the 5 players "won". The other 4 lost.