Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2003, 03:12 PM

Default Weekend Hand #2 vs. Loose agressive.

I was lucky enough to be blessed w/A [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] in the BB when 3 people limed to this loose-agressive who raised in the CO, button, sb fold, I three bet, 2 callers, CO caps!! - I call, 2 callers call again.

Flop: A [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img]

I decide not to get tricky and lead out, 2 callers fold, CO raises, I 3-bet, CO caps! (well, now I think he may have a set of 8s, but there still is a chance I have him out-kicked.) I call.

Turn: 3 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img]
I bet out, now he looks up and says, 'oh shoot, you've got big slick.' I say, 'call and find out' and smile [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] . He calls.

River was a blank, I bet, he called.

He turns over AQo and I take it down. I love this game.
Old 05-12-2003, 07:28 PM

Default Re: Weekend Hand #2 vs. Loose agressive.

You bet the flop and the limpers folded ... STOP. No matter what, be sure to show this hand down against the loose aggressive player: there are FAR more hands these players can find to over-play than there are lagitamate ones to beat your TPTK.

Should have check-raised the turn. DOH!

- Louie