Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 12-30-2005, 11:58 PM

Default 88 in MP

One of my least favorite hands is a middle pocket pair folded to me in mid position or so. Yeah I make my raise, but I rather end up doing it expecting to lose. Still the stove says I make some small bit of money at it (though statistically insignificant), and so I do. Here's one from today. The cold caller is a 44/4/1.06 fish after 104 hands; BB just posted.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, CO checks.

River: (6.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks...

Final Pot: 6.50 BB

Just keep piling on the overcards, thanks. I figured I was done with the hand when they both called my flop bet, but that might be tilt talking as I've been doing a lot of betting into folks with the second best hand today, and the fish at least won't let me know if he has a 9 (or a J on the turn). I actually have an equity edge vs 2 random on the river, 39/30/30, but it's hard to say what my actual equity is. Anyone take a shot on either BB street? Anyone not even bother with this hand preflop--matter of fact, where do you tend to draw the line? I don't have enough hands in this situation to tell if raising w/ 66 or 55 is +EV for me or not.
Old 12-31-2005, 12:01 AM

Default Re: 88 in MP

I'd think very seriously about check-folding this flop with 4 opponents, two overs and several possible draws.
Old 12-31-2005, 12:41 AM

Default Re: 88 in MP

[ QUOTE ]
One of my least favorite hands is a middle pocket pair folded to me in mid position or so. Yeah I make my raise, but I rather end up doing it expecting to lose

[/ QUOTE ]

cmon eegah... This hand in this position should have you chomping at the bit.

I don't mind taking a stab at this pot on the flop with two players checking to you, but I don't mind check/folding it either.