Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-27-2005, 08:18 PM

Default Re: AKo EP level 3 push

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if I like pushing into 5 other people... All to win, 75 chips?

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay.

So you raise to 150. BB calls. Flop comes 9-5-2 rainbow.

What then?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it depends how many callers you get behind you.

Lets say, you raise to 150 and get only one caller behind you. The flop comes 952 rainbow. I think I'd be inclined to make a continuation bet of about 2/3 (t250) the pot into one opponent. I think most times you'll take down the pot there. If you get called, well then... I don't know what I'd do next. Maybe it would be better just to push all in on this flop????

Anyhow, if my 150 preflop raise was called in three spots or more, I'd probably just check/fold that flop.

If my preflop raise was called by exactly two opponents.... That's another tough one. Against tight players, a continuation bet might be in order. Against loose players I might be inclined to check/fold.

Thoughts?
Old 12-27-2005, 08:19 PM

I don't want to end up folding this, so if you're at a table where a raise is liable to get 2 or more callers, I like just pushing. However if you figure to take the blinds or get HU with a hand like that, I think I like raising & pushing virtually any flop. But I like a big raise, to something like 250. I'm hoping to get a bit more action from hands like KT & A9, and I want to make the pot big enough that they will consider calling with no pair on the flop. I think your chip position is precarious enough here that you would rather get more chips in as a favorite than minimize your risk of busting.
Old 12-27-2005, 10:28 PM

I raise to 150 here always. Sure you've gotta play the hand out on the flop but that's not the end of the world is it? I raise a lot less than AK to 150 as well.