Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2005, 09:03 PM

Default Why Sponger Should Always Be Sweating Me

Whenever Sponger or anyone comes over and is sweating me, hands like this don't happen.

Please tell me what you think of both hands, and if any of them are profitable in the long run. Note also that Hand 1 is 10 handed while Hand 2 is 3 handed.

Party Poker 30/60 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>,

Party Poker 30/60 Hold'em (3 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>,
Old 09-22-2005, 09:07 PM

Default Re: Why Sponger Should Always Be Sweating Me

hand 2 is a problem. sb will never fold anything A high or better there so you are violently spewing and must stop before it's too late.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:08 PM

If you had no reads on your opponents and you still did this, there is no way that will be profitable. I don't mind the second one as much as the first, mostly because I'm stubborn in the blinds.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hand 2 is a problem. sb will never fold anything A high or better there so you are violently spewing and must stop before it's too late.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, 2nd hand, the 3 bet is disgusting. Its like when I screwplay guys on the turn and they lose their mind.

He pounded you (yea it sucks), let it go. See if you get there. next hand.

-blake
Old 09-22-2005, 10:00 PM

maybe you could tell me why you didn't check behind on the turn in hand 2?
Old 09-22-2005, 10:15 PM

You misplayed every street in hand 1, and only misplayed the turn(albeit drastically) in hand 2.
-James
Old 09-22-2005, 10:33 PM

Hands like these are proof that you should be paying me to watch you play poker.

I think $10/hr would be a nice beginning salary because I am guarenteed to save you much more than that even though I suck at poker.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:43 PM

I'm much more concerned that you're letting Sponger in your house than your play.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:59 PM

I like second hand more than the first. And i do the same thing as in second hand some small % of time against opponents who think about what hand i have (and some such semibluffs were succesfull). I like it even more cause it's close to blinds action so you need to have usually only K-good kicker to 3-bet here on turn.

If your opponent never fold his A-high or medium pair or 6x in this spot - he will loose way more when you have a hand. Against thinking opponent this type of bluffs have some success, it's not that rare at least at 30/60 when your opponent fold to your 3-bet on turn.

If i had QQ-77,A6 im quite able to play second hand as your opponent does against aggressive stealer, and if i raise a turn (and not just call it) i would defenitely fold to your 3-bet.
Old 09-23-2005, 12:20 AM

both hands i think i played horribly, especially hand 2, because when he cred me, it could only be a hand thats going to showdown.

but i 3-bet instead, and he thought for 15 seconds and then folded. i couldn't believe it.

hand one he called and then an A came on the river. he bet out and i folded.