Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-29-2005, 06:21 PM

Default eBay

Hey everyone,

Im a college student trying to pay the bills playing poker, as im sure some of you are also. Lately, I have also been thinking about doing something with eBay. The only problem is that i have no idea where to start or what to sell.

I was wondering if anyone out there uses eBay to supplement their income and what do they sell? Or if anyone has some serious ideas i would realllly appreciate it!

Take care,
MR
Old 12-29-2005, 06:27 PM

Default Re: eBay

I've had some decent success with selling sports memorabilia and sports cards. I'm trying to branch into selling some of my grandfather's old records (Sinatra and Ella Fitzgerald shoudl sell), and I've also sold my first car on there. Make sure you get a good digital camera, and a lot of shipping envelopes and boxes cheap. There are a lot of Ebay Assistant stores opening up now (40 yr old Virgin featured one) where you can bring it to them and they sell it for you at a commission.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:28 PM

If you are a student sell your textbooks. (after the semester of course) you will probably get much more than the bookstore will pay you. I have sold a few things I had around the house (old camera, lame wedding gifts, etc.) When you find something you want to sell search for it on ebay and see if it in selling well, or if there are already 600 of the item on there. They do charge a small fee to post something and then they take a % of the final selling price.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:31 PM

Whats the best way to sell sports cards. I have a few decent ones but it seems like by the time you pay to post it and then pay the % fee you dont make much. Do you post groups of 10 or more cards or something or do you just have valuable cards?