Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-2005, 12:20 AM

Default A couple 2-7 TD hands

Still a total noobie at this game so I have no idea if either of these hands are interesting, standard, or terrible. Both against the same villian. Any and all comments would be very much appreciated. Seat 5 is pretty terrible and Seat 0 seemed average.

Euri10's TD converter

Hand number: 0102739-4248
Level: $3/$6
Players:
Button($267) seat 0
Hero($232) seat 4
BB($160) seat 5

Button at seat 0

Hero posts. BB posts.

Hand: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Round 1(0.75BB)

Button raises. Hero re-raises. BB calls. Button calls. Hero takes 1. BB takes 1. Button takes 2.

Hand: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Round 2(3.75BB)

Hero bets. BB calls. Button calls. Hero stands pat. BB takes 2. Button
takes 2.

Hand: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Round 3(5.25BB)

Hero bets. BB folds. Button raises. Hero calls. Hero stands pat. Button stands pat.

Round 4(9.25BB)

Hero checks. Button bets. Hero calls.

Euri10's TD converter

Hand number: 0102739-4251
Level: $3/$6
Players:
Button($298) seat 0
SB($319) seat 2
Hero($211) seat 4
UTG($127) seat 5

Button at seat 0

SB posts. Hero posts.

Hand: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Round 1(0.75BB)

UTG folds. Button raises. SB
folds. Hero re-raises. Button calls. Hero takes 1. Button takes 2.

Hand: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Round 2(3.25BB)

Hero bets. Button raises. Hero
calls
. Hero takes 1. Button stands pat.

Hand: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Round 3(5.25BB)

Hero bets. Button raises. Hero
calls
. Hero stands pat. Button stands pat.

Hand: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Round 4(9.25BB)

Hero checks. Button bets. Hero calls.
Old 12-24-2005, 01:20 AM

Default Re: A couple 2-7 TD hands

Hand 1- Your line looks good. 3 handed you have to 3 bet less than perfect 1 draws OOP. On the end in this situation I tend to make a play that few others do at these limits; but you could easily be up against an 87 or worse depending on how tricky your opponent is. Therefore to ensure that he wont check behind (as he would if he tried to force you to break with a rough 8 or 9, ill send out a donk bet and hope it doesnt get raised) This has worked well for me and i do it often with #5-#10 when i feel like I may be behind but could very well be ahead and dont want to miss a bet.

Hand 2- Streets 1 and 2 are fine. Street 3 I dont like. You should either check raise or check call but betting into a pat hand is not going to give you very much info because any half decent player will raise you with or without a better hand trying to get you to break. It really depends on your opponents pat range on whether to check raise or just check and call. 4 handed Id say Im checkraising 80% of the time but really hoping not to get 3 bet. Nothing is worse than raising with an 86 and getting reraised. That has been very expensive for me latly. Against a very tight opponent id check call and than donk bet on the end so that I can only get raised once. This may be very bad though but it seems to work for me.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:59 PM

Default Re: A couple 2-7 TD hands

Thanks for the info, as far as 3rd street in the 2nd hand this was my thinking (and please tell me if this is very wrong). I can't see any way to not make it to showdown with this hand and I'm also not willing to give him credit for a better hand yet. I bet in case my hand is still best and since I have no redraw its good if he raises with a worse pat hand and doesnt draw.

Do you still show down if you check raise and get 3-bet? The check-call then donk line seems about the same as the one I took, except I think sometimes I win an extra bet if he raises me on 3rd with a worse hand. I guess my question really comes down to, how many bets are you willing to put in on 3rd and 4th in this spot?