Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-31-2005, 06:30 PM

Default Am I a Donkey?

2/4 6-handed at UB. 2nd or 3rd orbit at table. No real reads.
Hero has 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in BB.

Preflop:UTG raises, 3 folds, SB calls, Hero calls
<font color="red">Does anyone raise here? </font>

Flop6 SB) 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
SB checks, Hero bets, UTG raises, SB calls, Hero calls
<font color="red"> Better flop lines? </font>

Turn6 BB) 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG bets, SB calls, Hero calls
<font color="red"> Getting 8:1 with several possible live outs it seemed like a pretty easy call? </font>

River9 BB) Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks.

My main concern is with the flop. FWIW, My general plan would have been to c/f the turn UI.
Old 12-31-2005, 06:37 PM

Default Re: Am I a Donkey?

You should have some kind of read by now [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Anyways

I call preflop, I hate to reraise out of position, and also an UTG raise is likely to have a better hand than any other position.. ie. I'd reraise if I suspected a steal.

Check-raise the flop. Your hand is too good to toss. From there, you can lead the turn and he'll probably call with overs or raise with overpair.
Old 12-31-2005, 06:43 PM

I would raise pf, if anything to define your hand a little. Flop is good -- without reads my guess is you are ahead. This is where a pf raise would help imo. Turn is okay, but you are up agaisnt many draw (beside your own).
Old 12-31-2005, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would raise pf, if anything to define your hand a little. Flop is good -- without reads my guess is you are ahead. This is where a pf raise would help imo. Turn is okay, but you are up agaisnt many draw (beside your own).

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as pre-flop play goes, how would a PFR define his hand.. and what exactly do we want to define his hand as? A PFR just results in a 3-way pot for 3SB each instead of two... I think the UTG open tells us the chances are about 50-50 that you're a coin flip (vs overcards) or you're dead (vs overpair) ..combined with BB position, you aren't ahead and thus there's no need to inflate the pot early.
Old 12-31-2005, 09:53 PM

call pf, c/r flop. if 3 bet.. well.. um..
Old 12-31-2005, 10:39 PM

bet the river. Rest I think is fine. Also cut your post off at your action on the river. No need to taint results by showing the check through.

Krishan

help?
Old 12-31-2005, 10:48 PM

I play this the same. Your flop bet is good. You have a vulnerable hand and there's no reason to tie people to the pot with a checkraise. UTG may also raise overs or a draw and drive out sb. Your follow through plan of c/f the turn ui is no good. UTG's flop raise means very little and you're going to want to see a showdown unless the board gets scary.