Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-29-2005, 07:17 AM

Default TP against flop aggression

Villain is 34/22/2.1 after 200 hands.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP calls, CO calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.70 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.70 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>
Do I call? Should I have played the hand differently?
Old 12-29-2005, 08:24 AM

Default Re: TP against flop aggression

i would just call the flop raise and then call down.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:34 AM

I think you are behind but i won`t be too scared calling it down. How do people feel on raising the turn?
Old 12-29-2005, 08:48 AM

Looks good all the way through, except that you'll lose [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 12-29-2005, 09:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i would just call the flop raise and then call down.

[/ QUOTE ]
Isn't this a bit passive? I mean, won't he check-raise with various straight draws, flush draw, Qx, two pair or a set? There is a third guy in there as well that we wouldn't mind folding whatever he has. I guess you can just call the flop check-raise and raise a non-scary turn card. The problem with that is that there is a LOT of scary turn cards.

Edit: This guy does not have a set with those stats, especially after that particular MP limps.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:06 AM

i don't think a set either, but probably 2 pair.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't think a set either, but probably 2 pair.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you think we should fold the river?
Old 12-29-2005, 11:02 AM

You have to call down. You have outs against 2-pair and you are ahead of any draws. Not 3-betting the flop would be a mistake IMO. Make the other player fold, and force the other one to pay for his draw.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You have to call down. You have outs against 2-pair and you are ahead of any draws. Not 3-betting the flop would be a mistake IMO. Make the other player fold, and force the other one to pay for his draw.

[/ QUOTE ]
His check-raise could means lots of things. His cap reduces the likelyhood of a draw a lot, and Qx quite a bit as well. When he leads on the turn he's even less likely to have a weak hand. On the other hand, since I only call the turn he will follow up on the river the majority of times.

So calling down here is the "ABC" play without more specific knowledge about the opponent than the stats?
Old 12-29-2005, 11:20 AM

Turn raise isn't a bad idea in my opinion, and save a K or Q on the river check behind. If he goes 3 on the turn you know your gone and you get out straight away, but even a lot of players won't 3 bet something like a small two pair on the turn so you spend the same amount of money but gain an extra bet the times you hit a card you can bet on the end.

I also think that if your not going to raise the turn your going to have to call the river (and hate it.)