Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2005, 05:29 PM

Default NL200: AA gets C/R then lead into

NL200 @ Party

Villian: On the verge of being a donk. Plays lots of hands, some very good, some horribly.

UTG: $325 (Hero)
MP: $47.50
SB: $195 (Villian)
BB: $225

Hero raises to $8 w/ AA
MP, SB and BB call

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Pot = $32

SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $20, MP folds, SB raises to $50, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Pot = $132
SB leads for $80
Hero???

Hero has $120~ left
Villian has $60~ left

Push or fold? A call here is pointless as my hand probably won't improve with only 2 outs on the river.

I didn't expect 3 callers with a 4xBB UTG raise but here we go.

1) Nice flop for AA. Only plausible hands that I'm behind are sets. My bet of $20 on the flop was a little small but I wanted it to look weak to induce a bluff.

2) Villian C/Rs. Should I have raised/pushed here? I called with intentions to raise the turn since I was heads up w/ position.

3) Q. Shouldn't have helped him, unless he was playing QT, which I guess is possible from this guy. If he was playing QQ he would have most likely re-raised me pre-flop to get rid of the other 2 callers.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:52 PM

Default Re: NL200: AA gets C/R then lead into

Min-raise!!!

If your calling the flop, it's going in on the turn no question. If you think he does this with Tx enough of the time here, you should be happy about getting your money in, if not, fold the flop.