Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2005, 06:30 AM

Default Re: Weak Tight you say Mikel?

[ QUOTE ]
3). If he can beat a 10 with an overpair less than KK that means he has exactly two holdings and they are JJ and QQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are 6 combos of QQ and 3 combos of JJ he can have. Are you assuming he's going to be folding QQ >50% of the time?
Old 09-28-2005, 06:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually, as Gabe noted, I am not the pokerbabe at the bike. That person took my "handle" and is trying to pass herself off as THE original PokerBabe [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

The real PokerBabe checks this river against this SOLID playing Black guy for the following reasons.

1). He does NOT have a RBP (really big pair) like KK or AA as he doesn't 4 bet preflop which he would do about 100% of the time. So, we have to narrow his possible holdings down from there.

2), There is a 10 on the flop and he can BEAT a 10 since he called the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why can't he have A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] going for his flush draw the whole way, now he spikes one of his cards and calls...? (Note: I wouldn't play those hands the same way in this spot, but many could and would.)

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com
Old 09-28-2005, 08:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Black guy checks and I check.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi robyn its scott, I did not know you were pokerbabe. Even though I play against you often I will help you here. If I was not so busy deciding if I was going to pay of a river blank I would have bet the river myself because you have a bad habit of checking the river with the best hand on the end too often.

For what it is worth your anaysis of this hand is correct but you tend to give me too narrow a hand range in general. To the point I did not like my Jacks vs. your three bet even though they my hand was way in the upper end of my range of raising hands in this spot. Like I said I was not even sure if I was going to pay of the river and only called the turn because I felt like there was a good chance you would give me a free showdown. Overall I think you are solid but miss some value bets that I would expect someone with your obvious knowlage of the game to make. You are right that QQ is probably the only hand I would pay you off with here.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Black guy checks and I check.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi robyn its scott, I did not know you were pokerbabe.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is funny. You didn't know who she was but you knew it was you due to being called the "black guy" in the hand. We definitely need to diversify this game some...

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com
Old 09-28-2005, 09:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is funny. You didn't know who she was but you knew it was you due to being called the "black guy" in the hand. We definitely need to diversify this game some...

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
30-60 Bellagio dayshift, solid playing Black guy

[/ QUOTE ]

I was 99% sure it was me already at this point before I even read the hand. I was also pretty sure it was robyn when I read that also because she has to be the only female day player there that could possibly be a 2+2er.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I was 99% sure it was me already at this point before I even read the hand. I was also pretty sure it was robyn when I read that also because she has to be the only female day player there that could possibly be a 2+2er.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough, I forgot that the specifics of the location were given as well -- thought you pulled that out of nowhere, which is where the (minimal) amount of humor was found.

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com
Old 09-28-2005, 09:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fair enough, I forgot that the specifics of the location were given as well -- thought you pulled that out of nowhere, which is where the (minimal) amount of humor was found.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was funny also. I also thought it was funny I knew it was robyn before I read the hand as well.
Old 09-28-2005, 10:33 AM

Default IGNORANT

<SARCASM>

yeah, you missed a value bet, you really suck and should let this one mistake (?) be the reason you quit poker forever or at least move back down to the 4-8 at bellagio.

I bet I know which "loaded local lady" you're talking about....I think she's originally from NY or NJ..???
Old 09-28-2005, 10:37 AM

Yikes, so my cover is blown? LOL. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] It really is a small world.

LGPG

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 09-28-2005, 10:39 AM

Default Re: IGNORANT

Her name starts with an N and if I had her money, I wouldn't have to play poker at all. If I did play, it would be something a bit higher. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

LGPG [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]