nihilistic 4 8.00%
existentialist 3 6.00%
a theist 10 20.00%
other 5 10.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-01-2005, 10:55 PM

Default Re: Where\'s the money KaneFu?

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that situation was completely different.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only saying that both you and GoT trusted someone you didn't know that well and got burned.
Old 05-02-2005, 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that situation was completely different.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only saying that both you and GoT trusted someone you didn't know that well and got burned.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm, yeah, that situation was completely different. It should be very clear why but I'll rehash: GoT trusted El Diablo to play the game straight up in their prop bet...he didn't and GoT paid up anyway even though he viewed this as cheating.

I entered a winning Haiku in a contest and then was not paid the prize money promised. I'm not sure the word 'trust' is what you're looking for in this scenario...more like 'hoped' or 'assumed' or 'expected.'

Anyway, I think it sort of funny that KaneFu123 has of course been absent from this thread yet made a post today

Yugoslav here in reference to expensive Thai cuisine...

[ QUOTE ]

If you go to eat in an expensive resterant, one of those dishes could run you a buck fifty.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess now we know where the money went... [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img].

Yugoslav
Old 05-02-2005, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ummm, yeah, that situation was completely different. It should be very clear why but I'll rehash: GoT trusted El Diablo to play the game straight up in their prop bet...he didn't and GoT paid up anyway even though he viewed this as cheating.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF are you talking about? Who paid whom what? Please tell me why you said "GoT paid up anyway." Do you think it is cool to just make crap up? The thread's right there, please point out the part where either GoT was asked to pay or mentioned paying. Thanks, chief. THE WHOLE THING WAS A JOKE, YOU MORON.
Old 05-02-2005, 03:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF are you talking about? Who paid whom what? Please tell me why you said "GoT paid up anyway." Do you think it is cool to just make crap up? The thread's right there, please point out the part where either GoT was asked to pay or mentioned paying. Thanks, chief. THE WHOLE THING WAS A JOKE, YOU MORON.

[/ QUOTE ]

That should most likely be 'moran' not 'moron.'

As for the happenings and/or results of the 'bet' you two made....I certainly should have phrased myself differently as I obviously cannot pretend to know what actually transpired in the way of payment.

More accurately I should have said something like, "GoT offered to pay El D the money if asked directly." This is far from actually paying the money. However, given your adamance throughout the thread that the money was clearly owed to you and what JA tacked on near the end, it would seem likely you either received the debt or had the means to receive the debt.

Also, I'm not exactly sure how funny the JOKE was...btw. Granted many of your posts *are* geniuinely funny. I don't really see the humor in a thread containing hundreds of posts about was perhaps an imaginary bet.

However, the actual point I was going for remains the same. Two totally different scenarios....albeit possibly one was a failed joke and didn't actually take place.

Yugoslav
Old 05-02-2005, 04:42 AM

You sound pretty hard up for this 200 bucks. KaneFu is obviously a troll and I would never have expected to be paid.
Old 05-02-2005, 04:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You sound pretty hard up for this 200 bucks. KaneFu is obviously a troll and I would never have expected to be paid.

[/ QUOTE ]
I dont think he sounds 'hard up'. I think most people arent in the 95th percentile of income would be pretty pissed when they expect 200 bucks and dont get it for whatever reason.
Old 05-02-2005, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You sound pretty hard up for this 200 bucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd hate to see what I sound like when I actually am hard up for 200 bucks...

[ QUOTE ]

KaneFu is obviously a troll and I would never have expected to be paid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well yeah....I didn't really think so at the time of the contest. Whether I expected to be paid or not isn't the issue here. I knew not getting paid was as distinct possibility but that doesn't make Kane's actions any less pathetic. The least I can do is have fun with the whole thing and ruin his reputation, [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

Yugoslav
Old 05-02-2005, 12:44 PM

I have no idea what's worse, someone that offers to give away money on a anonymous message board, or someone that expects to receive it.

I decided, it's the latter.

DN
Old 05-02-2005, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That should most likely be 'moran' not 'moron.'

As for the happenings and/or results of the 'bet' you two made....I certainly should have phrased myself differently as I obviously cannot pretend to know what actually transpired in the way of payment.

More accurately I should have said something like, "GoT offered to pay El D the money if asked directly." This is far from actually paying the money. However, given your adamance throughout the thread that the money was clearly owed to you and what JA tacked on near the end, it would seem likely you either received the debt or had the means to receive the debt.

Also, I'm not exactly sure how funny the JOKE was...btw. Granted many of your posts *are* geniuinely funny. I don't really see the humor in a thread containing hundreds of posts about was perhaps an imaginary bet.

However, the actual point I was going for remains the same. Two totally different scenarios....albeit possibly one was a failed joke and didn't actually take place.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't take it too hard. This is yet another case of El D claiming superiority because he knows every minute detail of something that most people have only a passing interest in. You're not the only one who took the thread in question at face value, yet those of us that didn't bother to read through 200-some replies are all morons. Pay no attention to the fact that they went to GREAT lengths to make it appears genuine for most of the thread.

Every once in awhile El D get the urge to prove how superior to us all he is, whether he is right or not. For someone who likes telling people their failings so often, he sure is sensitive, among other things.
Old 05-02-2005, 12:55 PM

is this going to become STT vs El D and his dickriders? Or just one of the usual "Everyone vs Daliman"'s?