Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2005, 04:51 AM

Default 8-tabling, good tables?

I'm currently 4-tabling at 3/6 party. I live in Europe and I usually play around 4 a.m US time. At that time it's not very busy on party. At 3/6, the Fish from the US are sleeping and the Fish from Europe are on their normal daytime job. To find 4 good tables I use poker-edge (great program!) and playerview. It takes some time, but I usualy get pretty good tables after some time.

A few days ago I began adding some tables. Which leads me to my question. How do you 8+ tablers find good tables. And are their enough good tables? What is good enough? (av. VP$IP?) While 8-tabling, do you often close tables and open new ones?
Old 04-18-2005, 05:18 AM

Default Re: 8-tabling, good tables?

I haven't played 3/6 for a while on party, but I would guess that you'll have a very tough time finding 8 good games at that time of night. I used to do 4-6 of 3/6, then the another 2-4 games of 2/4 to get 8 games total. Don't know if you're opposed to playing mixed limits, but I think its very helpful if you're trying to hvae any game selection at non-peak hours. YOu could also do a mix of 5/10 with the 3/6 if you've got a good BR.
Old 04-18-2005, 09:44 AM

I have the same time problems, the 3/6 are horifically tight at those times. You do get the occasional US all-nighter who is drunk, tired and tilting though [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]. However, it's often easier to find a nice 15/30 table.

All I can suggest is mixing it with 2/4, or trying 5/10 6-max. The 6-max obviously needs a different strategy, and you wont be able to 8-table, but it is easy to find a good game at all times.
Old 04-18-2005, 10:34 AM

Thanks for your replies! I also noticed that 2/4 has much better tables at those times than 3/6, so I guess I will have to mix some limits.

Other question:
What do you consider a good 3/6 table? Maybe I just want too many fish at the table. I can't imagine changing tables all the time, when also playing at 7 other tables. Or is this absolutely necessary?
Old 04-18-2005, 10:37 AM

You could try to add one or two tables from ladbrokes.

Those games are amazingly good, but usually they play only 3/6
short handed.
And the higher games like 10 20 and 15 30 are also pretty damn good, if you just have the bankroll for those games.