Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 07:36 PM

Default Re: I\'m very sorry

[ QUOTE ]
Paul:

You have now been permanently banned from this site.

MM

[/ QUOTE ]

-ev
Old 11-09-2005, 07:38 PM

Default One owner who sets explicit rules for use of private property.

The site has one and only one owner. The owner is 2+2. The owner posts the ground rules. The users either honor the ground rules or they are dealt with by the owner in accordance with the ground rules.

The ground rules are clear and widely publicized. For example, the Politics list the specific ground rules for that forum as the very first post.

This setup is very direct and explicit. It seems to me that any drama generated is not from 2+2 but rather, from those who choose to not honor the clearly articulated ground rules.

Anyone posting 2+2, regardless of native talent level, popularity, or other gifts, is posting on private property at the owner's pleasure, and as such must honor the rules of the private property owner.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:39 PM

Heh.

I have always liked your writing, but I think you just confirmed to everyone (if there was any doubt), how incredibly stuck up your own ass you actually are.

To people who said he is one of the greatest posters on this forum, huh? He will barely be missed.

Nice work Mat.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Absolutely. In fact they are welcomed. However, if someone presents them in a nasty fashion and then threatens to never post again if any one of their posts is ever deleted, I'm less likely to view the criticism as constructive.

[/ QUOTE ]

The intent of the criticism should be of no consequence to you. It was useful, even if it was mean-spirited. Overzealous censorship, on the other hand, is only useful to the stupid and the easily-offended.

What sweet irony it is that the deletion of Paul's most vitriolic insult was given rhetorical force by the very object of his derision. Was he being subversive, or is 2+2 simply too dumb to realize that they are standing in a hole and should probably stop digging?
Old 11-09-2005, 07:43 PM

There goes one of our smartest and most entertaining posters.

The moderation here has become a joke, and quickly. Dynasty should not only be unmodded, but dealt a suspension as long as the sum of those which has he doled out.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But Mason doesn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, but that's really neither here nor there.

Frankly, I'm a little surprised by the responses here... to me they smack of an overwhelming naivety. Paulp compared the owner of the website to a Nazi. The owner banned him.

If you think that's extraordinary behavior, I suggest you spend a day walking into businesses, asking to speak to the owners, and then calling them names including "Nazi." How many owners do you think will toss you out? If you think it is less than a significant percentage, you're wrong.

Call your boss a Nazi, and see if you get fired.

*shrug* This is the way the world works. Walk into someone's backyard and call them names, and they will often ask you to leave. If you don't like it, feel free to diatribe about it in your LiveJournal.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The moderation here has become a joke, and quickly. Dynasty should not only be unmodded, but dealt a suspension as long as the sum of those which has he doled out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever problems you may have with Dynasty...this wasn't his gig whatsoever...So don't talk ill of him in this thread..
Old 11-09-2005, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Heh.

I have always liked your writing, but I think you just confirmed to everyone (if there was any doubt), how incredibly stuck up your own ass you actually are.

To people who said he is one of the greatest posters on this forum, huh? He will barely be missed.

Nice work Mat.

[/ QUOTE ]

seconded
Old 11-09-2005, 07:53 PM

Seems Masons personal problems with a poster have lost us another good contributor. Apologize in private, thats petty kindergarten level stuff.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you guys [censored] serious?

He had 300 posts in a 2 year++ span.. sure he's a smarrt guy, he writes some entertaining posts, but the content in them is all BS.

Things i've noticecd him talking about in detail the past few months:

Dan Druff making up a name on FCP to defend himself
ESPN making up hole cards
TOC being liars.

Brilliant topics, we're really going to miss his input.
Closed Thread