Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-08-2005, 06:37 PM

Default Re: Advice for draw poker online?

Okay, everyone, thanks again for your advice. I have read most of the Zadeh and Wiesenberg books. Winning Poker Systems is a great resource indeed. I didn't like the Wiesenberg book, though. I found it chatty and unfocused, plus all of the disucssion of the game assumed the use of a bug and the jacks-or-better rule. (It seems good for lowball though, so I don't regret buying it.)

I have improved my draw game a lot and am winning regularly at Paradise. However, I still think I got a lot to learn, especially since I just got CRUSHED in my first shot at the 24h PL games, which made me feel quite pathetic.

Any advice on how to adjust to those game, compared to play at Paradise, would be appreciated. Do you raise the pot when you open? Raise another amount? Limp? Different plays with different hands?

I had no clue about that so I was basically experimenting. One thing that worked good was when I limped with 777 utg and then reraised the pot when someone raised. One player called and drew three. I drew one and bet half the pot after the draw. She folded. Otherwise I took down some pots predraw and lost most of the pots I played til showdown. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I felt clueluess in situations such as when I raised utg with Qs up and someone reraised the pot. (I called predraw, checked and called a small bet after the draw and was shown Ks up.)

And if you raise in EP with AA and someone rereaise, should you fold?

I'm sure this game is fun when you know how to play it well, but Paradise draw is a lot easier, at least for someone who sucks at big bet poker. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]