Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help

Old 12-19-2005, 01:35 AM

Default blue screen of death

I'm having computer issues.

When I reboot, if it runs in normal mode it will get to the screen where its loading windows 2000 then it will fill all the bars in the LOADING section and then it will go to the blue screen of death where ti says "dumping physical memory..." then it starts rebooting all over again.

This has been happening for a while, so I started using F8->last known good configuration on startup and that was working well. Last night there is a power outtage and my computer was on at the time. Now last known good configuration also results in a blue screen.

I am in safe mode. I can only get 16 colors and 800x640 resolution. Is there any way I can change this, like a utility I could download or something?

If you know what's wrong with my computer and how I can fix it short of taking it to a repair shop, that would be nice too. It's definitely not adware or virus-related.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:37 AM

Default Re: blue screen of death

It's happened to me before. I'm not sure what caused it but I repaired Windows XP using the installation CD and it went back to normal.

The tech help forum would probably be a better place to ask this, though.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:00 AM

Default Re: blue screen of death

[ QUOTE ]
windows 2000

[/ QUOTE ]

You probably need to reload your computer. As you are using 2000 I imagine its been a long time since the last reload. Over time the registry fills with junk and eventually you start getting errors.

Reload 2000 or even better upgrade to XP