Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2005, 11:47 PM

Default AA 5/10 did I miss value?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. MP1 posts a blind of $5. CO posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (10.40 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, BB folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.20 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.20 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.20 BB
Old 12-16-2005, 11:49 PM

Default Re: AA 5/10 did I miss value?

why not 3 bet the flop or raise the turn? do you put him on 2's or think he would fold to the raise?
Old 12-16-2005, 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why not 3 bet the flop or raise the turn? do you put him on 2's or think he would fold to the raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

5 players to a flop I don't think its in my best interest to 3-bet a paired flop?
Old 12-17-2005, 12:24 AM

But the board is paired with 2's and you have AA! i just dont put the poster (CO) on a 2 because he calledthe raise. I think he has a PP between 33-88, A7-K7, overs to the board combined wiht a flush draw. Also, most of your callers fold the flop. you are ahead soooo often, try to get some more bets in.l if you think he wil fold to a turn raise, then 3 bet the flop.
Old 12-17-2005, 12:45 AM

The board is good for you. Very little chance anybody has a two. It would be wonderful for you if villain had something like A-7, as he's bet/raise all through the hand. You needed to three bet the flop, and I don't understand why you checked the turn. What could he have that would scare you? Could he have a two? Possible but pretty unlikely.
He called preflop and that makes a big pair or a big suited ace in the pocket seem unlikely. Maybe he has a flush draw.

You don't want to be missing a raise on the turn like this. If he has a deuce and beats you, so be it.

Even on the river, I think I'd bet, in a HTH situation like this with no flush possible.

Just my $.02 worth...

bill
Old 12-17-2005, 09:18 AM

I do think you are ahead most of the time BUT, many players in CO posting position will play a huge range of hands because they have position so A2, K2, Q2 suited is not out of the question. That being said, I think a flop 3 bet to see if CO caps is worthwhile. If he caps, then c/c, if not, then you can lead out the turn.
Old 12-17-2005, 09:55 AM

I think you have to 3 bet AA on the flop here, and lead the turn. I would rather lose an extra bet in the rare times when beat here, than miss extra bets all the times when in front.
Villian could easily show down a hand like KQc or KJc here, top pair on the flop or a mid size over pair highly possible also.
Old 12-17-2005, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
5 players to a flop I don't think its in my best interest to 3-bet a paired flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a terrible line of thought. You've got AA and I can think of many hands that would raise the flop. Hands like X7, flushdraws, PPs bigger than 7, and depending on how aggro he is, some pps lower than 7 or 2 overcards. You've simply gotta throw in a raise on the flop or the turn. I'd prolly reraise the flop b/c theres a decent chance he'll check through the turn here but I won't fault the c/r the turn line.
Old 12-17-2005, 10:55 AM

I think you definately missed out on some extra money here. Seriously, how likely is it that both of the following are true:

1) The CO poster has a deuce?
2) If so, after flopping trips he raises you and forces three other players to call two cold?
Old 12-17-2005, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1) The CO poster has a deuce?
2) If so, after flopping trips he raises you and forces three other players to call two cold?

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. A duece would wait until the turn to raise. The flop raise into 3 other players means a 7 or pp.

I like a call on the flop and c/r the turn.