Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2005, 10:37 AM

Default Re: How far have you driven in one shot?

[ QUOTE ]
I make a trip from Cali to Nebraska (>1500 miles) four or five times a year, straight through each time there and back, anywhere from 21 to 24 hours one way. You guys are pansies. After the sixth hour, it's just a controlled nap, and nothing to write home about.

Books on tape rock too. I wish the big chain book stores carried more English classics though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the controlled nap, I couldn't agree more. Long drives can be calming and recently I found the best thing to do is turn off your cell phone. Although, my girlfriend thought I died after leaving 3 messages and not hearing from me.

Never got into the books on tape and I've never heard a bad thing about them, I just can't bring myself to do it.
Old 10-27-2005, 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dude, I thought this post was about golf. I rock at Tiger Woods '06.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea how this is the only golf joke in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, after I re-read the title had I not written the post I would have thought the same thing. Oh well. Maybe today will be the spinoff into the longball competition thread.

If I could actually hit my driver straight, I would have a better idea...maybe next season.
Old 10-27-2005, 10:51 AM

A friend and I drove from Fallon, NV straight through to KC, KS. We were going to take it easy going from San Jose to KC, but his Bronco broke down at 1:30 AM Saturday in Fallon. Had to wait until Monday for shops to open and fix it since it needed to go on a lift. It absolutely sucked sleeping the rest of Friday night in the Bronco, then learning we would be spending the weekend in Fallon. Once we got on the road again, I realized how lucky we were, because just east of Fallon is a sign that says, "Eli - 330 miles." Not a whole lot of good places to break down between Fallon and Eli.

Anyways, losing the weekend put us behind so we had to drive straight through. I took the night shift, and started about 8pm on the western side of the Rockies. My friend took over around 9am in Kansas, and I was so hopped up on No Doz and sunflower seeds that I couldn't get to sleep until that afternoon.
Old 10-27-2005, 01:02 PM

White Salmon WA to Las Vegas, ~1100 miles 18-20 hours, then back three days later.