Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 10-19-2005, 07:08 PM

Default Re: What if you fell 30 ft? - real video

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This clip was sent to me by a customer of my former employer. It was captured on one of our video recorders. Here are his comments:

"If you'd like to see some interesting video captured by your software go to

link

seems that a boyfriend of one of our tenants thought he could jump from the 3rd floor of the building - he was correct however not without apparently painful consequences."

I shortened the video which originally was about 13 minutes long. The rest shows the guy writhing on the ground for a while until the paramedics arrive.

[/ QUOTE ]

The girlfriend should have went to check on him.

[/ QUOTE ]

She does. Did you watch it all?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that was some kid or random passerby.

-blake
Old 10-19-2005, 07:16 PM

Default Re: What if you fell 30 ft?

Yes, they told my parents I was uncontrollable.

Well…there were a few other…incidents [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2005, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, they told my parents I was uncontrollable.

Well…there were a few other…incidents [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you still uncontrollable?

If the answer is yes, wanna go bar hopping and get completely belligerent drunk?

If the answer is yes, what city do you live in and we'll pencil it in on our world tour starting in jan.

-blake
Old 10-19-2005, 07:34 PM

The school was very small. Just sort of a schoolhouse in a large wooded area. Acres of forest and hills to explore. We were allowed to just go out at recess and play all over the place. The teachers were outside with us, but couldn’t really keep track of every kid.

You are right though. I guess back then people didn’t think of suing for things like that. My parents by then were used to me being a dumbass, and other than being expelled there weren’t really any other consequences.

I have my own young boys now and I can tell you if I ever found out they fell off a friggin cliff at school there would be hell to pay.
Old 10-19-2005, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's a link to some of the Parkour guys video.

http://www.le-parkour.com/leparkour.avi

They have other ones there too.

The movie I was talking about was Banlieue 13, and I'm hoping Netflix gets it. If not, I may buy it. Anyway, I saw a video in which a guy was doing all kinds of crazy stuff. The video here that I linked to is not quite that wild, but still shows a guy running up the side of a house, doing a very cool jump onto a narrow handrail, and some cool acrobatics. Lots of talk in it, but worth the download.

[/ QUOTE ]

this just DLed as an audio file for me, no video [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2005, 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I always try not to laugh at other people's misery. This time, I failed.

[/ QUOTE ]

We used to mess with him a little bit, doing stuff like pushing his wheelchair into a corner or something, or just leaving him in the car at a friends house and walking away for a minute.

It was hilarious, until I broke my elbow and was in a full arm cast. We were a bunch of cripples who couldn't drive, so a friend would pick us up and we'd go to the mall or something and people would give us the stragest looks. Imagine a guy with 1 arm pushing a guy in a wheel chair, a few times we told people that we were the victims of a drunk driver and they'd get this horrible look on their faces before we busted up laughing.

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao... you've told this before, but it's just as funny the second time.
Old 10-19-2005, 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you were ever to fall out of the third story of a building, how would you want to land in order to cause the least injury to yourself?

I don't really know why, but I think about this question from time to time and I was wondering what you guys thought. If I had my choice, I would want to land on my side with my arms protecting my head from slamming directly into the ground.

how about you? (let's say you are falling onto grass)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I would want to land on a haystack.
Old 10-19-2005, 08:31 PM

me and one of my friends used to have "ninja practice" on campus at night. it involved climbing into buildings through open windows and screwing around with janitors. we used to jump some pretty high hieghts in order to avoid detection. I'm guessing the farthest I ever fell was about 20 feet onto very padded ground. I haven't really been trained in it, but my instinct says you have to gather some forward momentum and roll onto your shoulder when you hit the ground. I've jumped off of second floor porches this way and haven't broken anything, so I'm guessing it is something close to correct.

by the way, wouldn't the 3rd story be closer to 20-25 feet? 1st floor: 0-5 feet, 2nd floor: +10, 3rd floor: +another 10...
Old 10-19-2005, 08:59 PM

Those vids are amazing. That is definitely the same guy in the second "movie" sequence. Same building at the end.