Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2005, 02:37 AM

Default Re: Curtains: screw the 10 BB \'rule\'

tewall your settings for SNGPT are wrong by a longshot. Also please for the love of god turn off your minimum advantage requirements. Anything above .2% is golden, and anything between .1-.2 is quite good as well IMO. AJo is clearly a +EV push as well as well as some other weaker hands.
Old 12-27-2005, 06:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
tewall your settings for SNGPT are wrong by a longshot. Also please for the love of god turn off your minimum advantage requirements. Anything above .2% is golden, and anything between .1-.2 is quite good as well IMO. AJo is clearly a +EV push as well as well as some other weaker hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're willing to push +.1% hands? What if it was a $55? What if it was 7-handed?
Old 12-27-2005, 08:52 AM

Im willing to, but it depends on the situation. When the blinds get high enough compared to your stack, you should often take the slightest edge you can get because there is no room to manuever. Anyway it really depends, I do fold plenty of +.1% edges but they usually involve me pushing with any 2, and Im dealt some crap hand thats embarrassing to push and will hurt my image if called. For instance, if I always take these .1% edges, many of my other edges will drop down in the future if people are paying attention.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:03 AM

Ok , but when there are still 6-7 players remaining, or the other players are all huge donks, you SHOULD use a minimum edge higher than .3% or something like that right?

Because in those situations people will often bust out without your help. That's the whole point of a minimum edge, as far as I know.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:59 PM

Thanks!
Old 12-27-2005, 02:22 PM

Not sure about that DonkBluffer....When the blinds are too high compared to your stack, usually that min edge goes out the window. I mean I have been doing extremely well in sit and gos by not forgoing many +EV plays, or at least not doing so intentionally.
Old 12-27-2005, 02:42 PM

Exactly, "playing poker"... ie position, reads, etc. I think i might "play" for too long into tourneys, but in this case it might be worth it. At least you're still well in the game, and reasonably comfortable when worst case hits.