Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-22-2005, 09:20 PM

Default $22 - I\'m a midget stack, he\'s a midget stack...getting min-raised in

PartyPoker, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t370)
Hero (t615)
SB (t3565)
Button (t3450)

Preflop: Hero is dealt 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="red">Button raises t400</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, Hero ??

This ish just sucked. Not sure what I was supposed to do. A SNG has NO FE..but obviously if I fold here I don't have any. So do I try to let the other guy bust, or do I take the pot odds?
Old 12-22-2005, 09:23 PM

Default Re: $22 - I\'m a midget stack, he\'s a midget stack...getting min-raised

Yeah I'd let him try to bust but I'd feel like a nancy doing it.
Old 12-22-2005, 09:24 PM

Default Re: $22 - I\'m a midget stack, he\'s a midget stack...getting min-raised

I'd let the other guy bust himself, since you're playing for third here. With those two ~3.5k stacks you really arent in the running for 1st or second anymore imo. unless u catch a run of amazing cards.
Old 12-22-2005, 09:26 PM

Default Re: $22 - I\'m a midget stack, he\'s a midget stack...getting min-raised in

Fold. The blinds are hitting shorty next. Just hope to wait him out.
Old 12-22-2005, 09:33 PM

Fold, I'd like your chances when shorty is forced in A LOT more than this.
Old 12-22-2005, 09:39 PM

Default Re: $22 - I\'m a midget stack, he\'s a midget stack...getting min-raised in

When these situations come up(and I love it when they do) I usually try and think more about the next 2 hands rather than the current hand. Meaning if I fold what happens next???? Well I would have 415 with 100 in the SB, superSS will have 370 with 200 in the BB, the problem here though is SuperSS has position on you...soooooo if you try to protect third he can fold. If you believe that SuperSS has the ability to let his hand go in the BB for 170 more than it might make sense to call(although I would lean towards folding). But if he seems like a jackass then I would fold and try and work a protection on the next hand. Protection works very well when the people before you are decent players. They understand that making the money is important and will also aid in the protection, which means they will limp. If they raise then you are in the dellema i was alluding to before, Super SS having position on you and can fold if you try and protect.

I think the deal maker here is your holding. 27s is obvious garbage and I would be a lot happier with 67s...which i might call with....possibly