Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-21-2005, 05:40 PM

Default Re: My trip to the \"upscale\" barber

I usually get my hair cut at Leonard Golino in the city. Usually $80 or so, although I get wine instead of soda...
I'm actually trying something more local tomorrow, $35...from a place called 'panico', I'll give you a trip report if you want
Old 12-21-2005, 05:49 PM

After having my hair repeatedly [censored] up by cheap places (and I mean REALLY [censored] up- [censored] YOU, SUPERCUTS), I started going to Gene Juarez- cost about $50 after tip. I actually became pretty good friends with the guy who cut my hair (he was one of the only straight guys in the whole joint), and we had a ball looking at all the primo tail running around (the scenery is off the charts in Gene Juarez a good 90% of the time).

The funny thing is I used to pay $50 every 6 weeks back when I was making a lot less money. These days I could easily afford it, but don't pay anything at all- I shave my head instead. However, if I ever grow my hair back out, I wouldn't hesitate to pony up the cash for a good cut.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you'll realize that $20 is a ridiculously fair amount for someone to be spending 20-30 minutes on anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

What barber takes 30 minutes on a haircut? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 12-21-2005, 05:55 PM

That sounds like a nice place and a good deal to me. Wish I had something similar here in the Reston area in VA.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:17 PM

Northport Barber Shop. Haircut $11, includes straight-razor neck shave, and eyebrow (and ear-hair for the older crowd) trim. 4 chairs, usually no waiting except Saturday morning. And there is always at least one farmer wearing overalls, and someone who brings their kid in for a flat-top.
Old 12-22-2005, 12:25 AM

plaster,

$50+10. Yes, if the haircut was good.
Old 12-22-2005, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I pay 15 for my regular haircut at a Chinese place. This is important since I understand most 'regular' places don't shampoo/wash your hair? This is one of the great pleasures in life.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had never had this done until recently, and it's [censored] awesome. I just had a haircut today and was reflecting on how great it is. Then again, I think I have a particularly sensitive scalp, as women scratching my head in just about any context is enough to make me feel incredibly good and relaxed, so I'm glad to see there are others out there who appreciate this as I do.
Old 12-22-2005, 01:04 AM

Do people find that the "upscale" salon places actually provide better cuts or are we just paying for a nicer location?