Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy

Old 12-20-2005, 12:56 AM

Default Re: God article

i suppose you know. after all every one else seems to know everything w/out appearing to have given it much thought............................b
Old 12-20-2005, 03:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
really, are you folks in some frat house, caf, or bs session at a coffee house? does anyone (i guess you readers must) honestly think these sorts of ramblings are fit for a forum on science and philosophy. i have seen as good on bathroom doors. when writers talk about the concept of "dumbing down" this has to be what they are on about...................b

[/ QUOTE ]

Please explain what your motivation is for this post.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:30 AM

The man is stupid. He goes around deriding half the world's beliefs and criticizing them for killing people. And yet where does he derive the morality that killing others is wrong?

His religion is one of preserving his own life in so far as it benefits his own selfish desires. How does he explain death and the fact that his entire existence is futile because death is imminent? He lives in a world that is absolutely contrary to his personal belief system and desires. He is a walking contradiction, and will have a miserable end that goes completely against his nature, even if there was no Hell, because death to him is Hell.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The man is stupid. He goes around deriding half the world's beliefs and criticizing them for killing people. And yet where does he derive the morality that killing others is wrong?

His religion is one of preserving his own life in so far as it benefits his own selfish desires. How does he explain death and the fact that his entire existence is futile because death is imminent? He lives in a world that is absolutely contrary to his personal belief system and desires. He is a walking contradiction, and will have a miserable end that goes completely against his nature, even if there was no Hell, because death to him is Hell.

[/ QUOTE ]

Phil, you are the stupid one - Cenk nailed it. Too bad you can't comprehend it. I love how people like you impose your own personal belief system on others. How can you presume that he is living contrary to his own beliefs? Or that he will be miserable. Use the search function and reference the dozens of other posts that explain why none of your assumptions on how atheists live or feel are correct.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:00 PM

Every time I think you may be a thinking person.

"Perhaps the rational thinking people of this world have long been too polite and accepting of those with ridiculous belief systems."

And this one.

"If it gives you comfort to believe that an invisible being is lurking amongst the TRILLIONS of stars and focusing in on one tiny planet in one small galaxy out of billions, so that you can personally go to some special invisible place when you die, that's fine"

Lestat-you can do better.
Old 12-22-2005, 03:28 PM

i'm sure you are familiar w/ feelings of frustration. as well, i imagine you have had a friend who is having a hard time understanding something, and you want to help, but your friend doesn't want your help. that can be disappointing as well as frustrating.............b