Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2005, 04:46 AM

Default Re: 5/10 SH coach needed

your first 20k hands are one hell of a rush.
Old 11-05-2005, 04:50 AM

I have done a lot coaching with people like you. But lately I have had a lot to do and I am already late with a few coachingsessions so I dont post because I want to do the coaching. Not now anyway.

But: A while back there was a sort of FAQ for beginners at SH with a lot of good posts. Is there anybody out there that get a more extenisve list of good posts? I would like it broken down into different subjects with a few lines about each. Subjects like playing the blinds, playing unhit ovarcards, slowplaying.... the same "chapters" as in normal pokerbooks.

If anyone got such a list or have thought about doing one I would gladly pay for it. I would use it for myself, in my coaching, and also on my swedish site (www.svenskpoker.com). (If I use it on my swedish site I will probably put up an english verion of it... like we did with another subject earlier: www.svenskpoker.com/math.php )

Of course the list doensnt have to be enitrely 2+2posts. Things like Abduls preflopcharts and such are of course (also) gold.

Anyway, just PM me if u are interested in getting paid doing such a list. It doesnt have to be only SH FL. Im also interested in No Limit, torneys, sit-and-gos...
Old 11-05-2005, 08:50 AM

I used to play against you quite often, both when I was 8 tabling 3-6 on the skins,and after I moved up to 5-10 6max.

You played under Dcw, lion tmr and two other names which you used in that period, that escape me at the mo,(all linked by an interesting line in table chat) and I warrant that you learned a lot of the same formulaic auto pilot poker habits @3-6 fh that I have being trying to get rid of myself,

I ran at 1bb/100 which included one 250bb downswing for my first 120k 5-10sh and am on a real cold run now, which is not helped by the party/skins mess.
From memory you are a decent disciplined player, but I also know I never minded you at a table with me and I reckon that you probably felt the same with regard to me.

Your situation is very similar to mine,i.e a decent reasonably aggressive player who is not exactly crushing the rake at 5-10 due to many small leaks(habits).

P.s if you find a coach and it works for you, Could you P.M or post if you find it usefull. Good luck.
Old 11-05-2005, 09:06 AM

Hm I remember one hand where I check/raised you on the river and you called my raise with a pair under the highest board card. I believe you showed JJ on a Qxx board. While pre flop betting was capped. I knew you were a 2p2er and we all know they bet any river with a pair.

I don't remember anything else though.
Old 11-05-2005, 12:01 PM

me and a few friends are setting something up where we create videos of ourselves playing and then have someone else download them and watch them over. its been really helpful in showing hands that you dont normally post that you think the other player is playing bad.

so i'd recommend you find a few other 5/10sh plyaers who are struggling to share videos with.

imo i learn better when someone isn't "telling" me the answer as mucha swhen i agrue with someone to learn it
Old 11-05-2005, 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've put in over 100k hands of 5/10 and am somewhere around 0.3BB/100.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to say, "Don't quit your dayjob", but alas....

[ QUOTE ]
Started playing professionally March '05

[/ QUOTE ]

Adam
Old 11-05-2005, 12:21 PM

I still can't get the videos to work. Any suggestions of how to fix that?
Old 11-05-2005, 12:28 PM

whats the problem you have? making them? watching them ?

can you watch movies in the divx format right now? do you have the latest version of wmp?
Old 11-05-2005, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Adam

[/ QUOTE ]

I could be losing 1BB/100 and making more than I would at my dayjob. Being a prop = crazy money.
Old 11-05-2005, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Adam

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you EVER replied to a thread like this and not been a condescending jerk?

For someone with a SD of 17-18 it's entirely possible to go 100k hands with a 0.3 BB winrate and be a 1-2+ BB/100 winner.

Surf