Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 10-27-2005, 05:32 PM

Default driving pet peeves (i felt like snapping again)

today within 30 minutes of driving i was faced with every driving pet peeve i have.

1. drivers that switch from the middle lane into the right lane and aren't turning at the interesection but are indeed going straight (i am turning, therefore i have to wait for the light to turn green). there was no reason for the switching of lanes, so why?

2. drivers that pull out in front of you from a parking area and you are on a high traffic street going 50+ MPH and they do not come close to giving it the gas when they get in front of you.

3. drivers that slow down to get on a highway/tollroad etc.

4. drivers on the tollroad that somehow miss "tolltag only" signs every 20 yards for 300 yards and then at the last second realize that they don't have one and cause a traffic jam b/c they have to move over from the left lane to the far right lane.

what are your pet peeves?

i know what all of mine have in common, that one day i will put rocket launchers on the front of my car and...

(thanks for the inspiration PDPG [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])
Old 10-27-2005, 05:46 PM

Default Re: driving pet peeves (i felt like snapping again)

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nah, annoying but i can live w/ all of those. it's the motherjokers who think theyre more important than everyone else.

long line of cars turning left and a few cars go by in the right lane and at the final turn cut into the line and turn left w/ everyone.
Old 10-27-2005, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nah, annoying but i can live w/ all of those. it's the motherjokers who think theyre more important than everyone else.

long line of cars turning left and a few cars go by in the right lane and at the final turn cut into the line and turn left w/ everyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. I saw one punkass last night pull into the left turn lane at a red light. There was one car and me in line to go straight. No oncomming traffic. When the light turns green, the guy in the left turn lane blasts straight off and pulls in front of the guy going straight. WTF?
Old 10-27-2005, 05:54 PM

Drivers that cut you off on the toll lane at the entrance of a bridge after you've been waiting in that lane for a while. Especially when the passenger riding shotgun waves their hand at you to "thank you" as they're cutting you off.

People that change lanes w/out signaling. Come on how hard is it to be a considerate safe driver and USE THE DAMN SIGNAL, A - HOLES [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 10-27-2005, 05:54 PM

When two (three) cars are going the same speed, making it impossible to pass either (any) of them. Worse than this is when both (all) are going under the speed limit. Worst of all is when it happens on the freeway. Left lane is for passing; if you want to do the same speed as your neighbor, get behind him.
Old 10-27-2005, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

3. drivers that slow down to get on a highway/tollroad etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is probably the most annoying to me. Ugh, I'm getting pissed just thinking about it.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:12 PM

I hate it when the driver in front of me at a red light stops 40 feet short of the guy in front of him. And then he starts creeping up a few feet at a time, and then another few feet. After a while, you feel obligated to make up some of the distance between the two of you, so you move up. Then he starts inching his way forward again. What sort of fidgety bastard can't sit at a light for a minute or two without having to screw around?
Old 10-27-2005, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate it when the driver in front of me at a red light stops 40 feet short of the guy in front of him. And then he starts creeping up a few feet at a time, and then another few feet. After a while, you feel obligated to make up some of the distance between the two of you, so you move up. Then he starts inching his way forward again. What sort of fidgety bastard can't sit at a light for a minute or two without having to screw around?

[/ QUOTE ]
this really makes me laugh.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:19 PM

People who don't signal, therefore making me wait till they start to turn before I can go anywhere! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 10-27-2005, 06:43 PM

My biggest one is the yield sign mis-interpretation.

So you've got a yield sign as you swing right to enter a cross street.
There is a lane for you, and you are supposed to yield if someone is in that lane coming your way.

Cars are coming your way, but noone is in your target lane.

But the idiot stops to wait for all cars in all lanes to pass. Drives me nuts.