Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2005, 03:42 PM

Default Re: Call, call, call... Can this be right?

ok, thanks everyone for the great responses. I'm glad that my play seems to have some merit. Sometimes aggression is not the key I guess.

Villain had 77 in this one and I took it down.
As someone mentioned if I had known that he was capable of playing medium PP like this, a raise on the river would make sense. just not an Ace right?
Old 06-09-2005, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain had 77 in this one and I took it down.
As someone mentioned if I had known that he was capable of playing medium PP like this, a raise on the river would make sense. just not an Ace right?

[/ QUOTE ]
I read the post, and started reading the replies, and really disagreed with most of it. I figured villian had something like 77.

Yes, you are way ahead or way behind, but with the donks that play .5/1, I think you are way ahead a huge preponderance of the time.

You are way ahead when villian has AK, AJ, AT, KJ, JJ, TT, 99, 88, ..., A3, and so many more things people will raise and cap pre-flop, and bet the flop with. You are just behind to AA and any Q.

I'd raise and cap the flop. I'd bet or raise the turn. Usually in this case, the villian slows down at some point on the turn and river. As long as an Ace doesn't come on board, I will usually play this strongly all the way. If I lose to AA or QJ, I say "nh" in the chat box and go on to the next hand.

-Tom
Old 06-09-2005, 05:04 PM

jively, yes people act strange at times. But this guy was pretty much an unknown. Do you autorate all players as maniacs?
There's also different kinds of maniacs, some are aggressive all the way with nothing, others are just preflop-maniacs.

I wouldn't mind playing this as strongly as you suggest against a confirmed loon, otherwise I'm not so sure.