Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2005, 11:57 AM

Default Re: How to start multi-tabling?

Pfft. You should embrace misclicks, not avoid them!

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] , 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] .
UTG calls, 2 folds, Button calls, 1 fold, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, Button calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] , 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] , T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="red">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, Button folds.

Final Pot: 3.75 BB

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 05-11-2005, 12:03 PM

LOL. Perhaps, I should! Misclicking has actually *helped* me a couple of times. Once, shortly after sitting down, I proceeed to immediately misclick one of my hands. I had guys raising for value against me the next few hands that I was involved. I guess they were observant enough to see my silly play. They adjusted after I showed down a few good hands.
Old 05-11-2005, 12:52 PM

It's not that difficult to play two tables, just test it out for awhile. Especially since you won't be in most of the hands anyway. If you really need/want to follow that many hands just pick the table with a more interesting hand being played.
Old 05-11-2005, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As others have mentioned, a monitor with enough real estate to avoide misclick errors is a plus.

[/ QUOTE ]

Misclicks help for deception purposes [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 05-11-2005, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lots of questions; I appreciate feedback on whichever aspects you'd like to comment on.

[/ QUOTE ]

You didn't say what kind of horsepower you currently have - it may already be good enough (or maybe add a little mem; and make sure pt's auto-rating isn't enabled). I have a 5-year-old AMD 1.6GHz with 768M RAM and 19" monitor. I run xp @ 1280/16b on top of vmware on top of linux @ 1600/32b. With linux apps running and pt/gt+ in xp I have no performance-related issues. And a 19" monitor is plenty fine for 1600 if you want to keep expenses down.

Open a second real-money table and give it a try - it's not hard to get in the swing of things. You can join the second table and sit out if you want to see what it's like. Once you've played for awhile and reached a comfort level open another. Naturally the more tables open the less attention you can give each one. That may or may not be a problem depending on your confidence in your game and what kinds of characters are at the tables. It can get frantic if you catch hands on more than one table but that doesn't happen very often. And it's a lot more fun than picking your nose and skimming sshe if you're only playing one table...

Mike
Old 05-11-2005, 10:20 PM

Default Re: How to start multi-tabling? (PC lag issue)

[ QUOTE ]

So, everybody's already answered the base question, but I think I can help you with this. Turn off animations in Party.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I just discoverred this yesterday. It's a little strange (different) but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

-Tom
Old 05-11-2005, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You didn't say what kind of horsepower you currently have - it may already be good enough (or maybe add a little mem; and make sure pt's auto-rating isn't enabled). I have a 5-year-old AMD 1.6GHz with 768M RAM and 19" monitor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine's from Dec 98; Pentium II 400 Mhz with 384 MB RAM and 17" monitor. The biggest graphic setting I can get is 1280 x 1024. For 2 Party windows, there is some cut off.

-Tom
Old 05-11-2005, 10:46 PM

Totally, I accidently 3 bet with AJo preflop which was then capped behind me by someone with QQ, luckily the other guy had JJ or TT and the Ace that flopped won me a 18 dollar pot.

Nothing will ever top when on FTP I was in the middle of a horrible downswing where everything got sucked out and accidently capped preflop with 73o. Flopped two pair, only for villain to hit a set on the river. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 05-12-2005, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

You didn't say what kind of horsepower you currently have - it may already be good enough (or maybe add a little mem; and make sure pt's auto-rating isn't enabled). I have a 5-year-old AMD 1.6GHz with 768M RAM and 19" monitor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine's from Dec 98; Pentium II 400 Mhz with 384 MB RAM and 17" monitor. The biggest graphic setting I can get is 1280 x 1024. For 2 Party windows, there is some cut off.

-Tom

[/ QUOTE ]

I should've added that of the 768M RAM I only allot 256M to xp. You have more than that and troubles I've never had. Barring other problems I suspect that as a db front-end pt requires a fair amount of processing power.

That's not to say your computer is no good but you do have some crusty stuff there. So if you can afford it I'd upgrade. If you can't afford it (or don't want to spend on a computer) email/pm me and I'll try to help with some alternatives...

Mike
Old 05-12-2005, 04:13 PM

Recent personal experience.

I've been 4 tabling for months, and find it almost as easy as playing 1 table.

Last night I tried to 8 table. Simple I thought. All seemed ok at first, but I was losing money slowly. After awhile I realized I was playing weak. My VPIP was down 2%, my PFR was down 3%, and my AF was down as well.

I was just playing to weak. I guess my moves are not quite as automatic as I hoped they would be so it's back to 4 tabling for at least another couple weeks for me.

-G