Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 12-29-2005, 12:30 AM

Default $30 NL stars blind battle.

I am chipleader by a good 5k and villain is in the top 10 in chips. We just made the money and 1 before the money I was involved in a blind battle against villain where I called preflop with suited cards and pushed in to get villain out when I had a flush draw, so I'm guessing he doesn't like me very much. 50 or so players left when 600 or so started, what are my options and what is the correct plan?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t1200 (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="#C00000">SB (t30542)</font>
<font color="#C00000">gobbo (t43856)</font>
UTG (t19679)
UTG+1 (t9300)
MP1 (t8570)
MP2 (t10710)
CO (t12177)
Button (t4740)

Preflop: gobbo is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to t7200</font>, gobbo...?
Old 12-29-2005, 12:32 AM

Default Re: $30 NL stars blind battle.

...well you're not calling or folding...
Old 12-29-2005, 12:36 AM

Shoot. To. Thrill.

The only way I could allow you to just call is if you swore to me you would not fold this hand no matter what flop comes.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:37 AM

I push and see what happens
Old 12-29-2005, 12:37 AM

I think if you push he can put you on lesser hands and his calling range will be expanded. If you call that would around suspicion plus you might miss.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think if you push he can put you on lesser hands and his calling range will be expanded. If you call that would around suspicion plus you might miss.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh...what?
Old 12-29-2005, 03:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh...what?

[/ QUOTE ]

I apologize, English was never my strong suit. Let me try to better explain myself.

If I try to steal from the button, let's say for the sake of argument, and the BB goes all in on an apparent re-steal, do you necessarily put him on only a premium hand? I know I don't. I would put him on a better hand if I see him flat call (or min-raise/do something fancy) rather than resteal all-in. Therefore, I think it may be +cEV to push here rather than so a fancy non-all-in re-raise or flat call. Did I explain myself clearer or should I try again?
Old 12-29-2005, 03:20 AM

Alright, I've heard enough from people telling me it's an easy push. I figured it was too, and I instapushed from the bb and even faster than that, he called me with 55 and won the race.

The main reason I posted this is wanting to see if anyone does not want to race for this many chips, either against a small pair or against something else. I think his over-raise limits my options.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:36 AM

yep. easy push. you're way ahead of his current range, and you're about a coinflip with his calling range.. so it's slightly profitabe even if you are called everytime, and since you do have good FE being one of th eonly stacks that can [censored] him up.
Old 12-29-2005, 04:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

The main reason I posted this is wanting to see if anyone does not want to race for this many chips, either against a small pair or against something else. I think his over-raise limits my options.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, AK is a drawing hand. Don't want to take risks with a hand like that. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]