Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2003, 03:19 PM

Default books on ultra loose games?

I haven't read the loose section in HFAP, but I was wondering if there was any literature on ultra loose game strategy where you aer going to have 7 seeing the flop 6 seeing the turn.

Everyone says these games are ultra easy, but as a beginner who tries to involve logic in his play ive been getting killed by the beginners who call call call. Ive seen posts on here about people "whining" and i'd rather not be flamed for asking strategy more in depth than, "value bet alot".

Old 06-24-2003, 05:27 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Re: books on ultra loose games?

"I haven't read the loose section in HFAP, but I was wondering if there was any literature on ultra loose game strategy where you aer going to have 7 seeing the flop 6 seeing the turn."

you kind of answered the question yourself. the loose games section has some fantastic ideas.. be one of the few who has read the book past page 150. [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

b
Old 07-01-2003, 11:13 AM

Gary Carsons book has some good advice!
Old 07-01-2003, 01:37 PM

There is also some excellent strategy advice ine Sklansky's Getting the Best of It.

Allan
Old 07-01-2003, 03:36 PM

Bluff no one. Semi bluff no one. Play Ax suited as when you flop the nut flush draw they will all play on and pay you off. Huge fluctuations so have a decent bankroll. When the boards pairs on fourth or fifth remember that the table has been playing second and third pairs so at least one person has trips. The fish will play on with any draw fail to make it and then try to win with a bluff. And so on.
Old 07-02-2003, 02:02 PM

Everything Al says is right. Bluffs and semi-bluffs will just cost you money. Bet to build the pot when appropriate. Flushes and straights make the money in these games as you will get plenty of action from these ultra-loose players. Play suited connectors and even suited one and two gaps regardless of position. When you flop a flush or straight it will more than pay off for the wasted bets when you miss it. Try to see the flop cheaply. High pocket pairs may very well not hold up unless you make a set so don't jam the pot pre-flop with AA or KK (you will only be more frustrated if you do and lose to someone who wins with two pair, 7's and 2's). I hope that helps.
Old 07-02-2003, 02:27 PM

I found "Sklansky the vidio" to be quite helpful in this area the last 10 minutes of it in particular.
Old 07-03-2003, 02:40 AM

"High pocket pairs may very well not hold up unless you make a set so don't jam the pot pre-flop with AA or KK"

This is absolutely horrible advice.
Old 07-03-2003, 02:56 AM

I would 4-bet with 98s but not AA in these games. Implied odds! (No?) [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-03-2003, 03:27 AM

No. Listen to Clarkmeister. Not raising with the best hand in the game is just plain silly.

98s wants to see the flop cheaply; the cheaper the flop the greater your implied odds. Think about that! Reraising with it is an image play and those people are completely blind to your image.