Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-02-2005, 06:47 AM

Default Re: Stars $45K

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You were Pechorin then? I was at the final table with ya. That guy was a luckbox for sure. Next time I'll check for brown trout with a sup bro. I started to make my own sweat post, then by the time I posted it, I got knocked out.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yup. I too was a luckbox. It was about time I didn't catch a break when I couldn't win the coinflip vs. his Q9. By the way, I think I jammed your BB twice. One of those times I had KK; I was really hoping for a spite call [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Well played, congratulations on the score.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not overly defensive of my blinds in situations like that. I was really card dead for most of the time we were there. Most of the time I had cards like Q5 and 73 when you pushed on me. I felt like some of those bigger stacks were going to knock each other out, so I was biding my time. It was funny, I was thinking to myself during the FT that we were taking the same strategy, playing tight and moving up. I felt like I was going to get paid with any decent hand, so I wasn't trying to push the issue. Besides, it looked like the egos at our table were going to undo some of the larger stacks.

I did get a chance to get a million chips on my last hand. I re-raised all-in vs. the chip leader with 77. I almost did a stop and go, but I figured I was probably signifcantly ahead of him, so I pushed instead. He caught the 3 outer on the river. I thought I would be able to finish above the two LAG players, Aamigo and Rappie if I could get anywhere near their chip levels. That would have done it, but it wasn't meant to be.

Anyway, GG to you too. Too bad one of us couldn't win it.