Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-2005, 01:29 AM

Default Re: Stats for Fun - 10k hands @ 4 tables.

I think people really overvalue the high 28-30 VPIP. Guys who maximize with this style are killer postflop.

As it's been mentioned before, some of the greats in the 5/10 game (schneids, nate, ulysses, etc) rocked it hard playing 21 or 22/17. I play about 25/18, but filetered for 6 players it's 22/16.

I guess I'd like to see more insight as to why people strive for a higher VPIP, rather than just "I want to be a 30/20 guy".
Old 12-24-2005, 09:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I notice my c/r is low, I think I need to understand when to use c/r.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your check/raise at 1.35 is in the right ballpark. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. Mine is about the same at 1.32%.

There is some difference in where I checkraise compared to you though.

I c/r more on the flop (66% to your 59%), less on the turn (30% to your 34%), and more on the river (8% to your 4%). I don't know how thats supposed to break down, but I've been making an effort to increase my c/rs lately and I've been focusing on doing it on the flop mostly. When you c/r the flop, you don't usually get to do it again on the turn. I'm not sure where my river c/rs are coming from. Maybe if I don't c/r the turn as much I get more chances to do it on the river.
Old 12-24-2005, 12:47 AM

Just about everything looks good, you should be a solid winning player, correct? Is this short handed or full ring? If its short handed you could use a little more hands say open up to about 23/18 but if its full ring which is what the stats imply but this is a short handed forum the stats are good. Although maybe a tad on the over aggressive side on the flop and turn levels.
Old 12-24-2005, 01:16 AM

Waaaay overagro.