Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-20-2005, 08:45 PM

Default How do you guys handle the swings emotionally?

I 4-table $3/$6 6-max for 2.5BB/100 with a 500BB bankroll, but the swings are just killing me. When I'm on as little as a 50BB downswing (if you can even call it that), my stomach knots and I get physically nauseaus and just generally out of it mentally, all depressed and worked up.

I have been playing poker since march. Before that I hardly knew what it was and couldn't tell the difference between a straight and a flush. I'm studying the game intensely, reading and rereading HPFAP and other great books. My game has a lot of flaws of course (I often feel like I'm the worst player on earth), but one of the biggest is how I handle the natural swings--that is, how I don't handle them.

So I guess what this rant boils down to is this: I am not whining or looking for sympathy of any kind, I'm just looking for more experienced players' advice on this issue. How do you handle the swings? Will I ever get used to them? And so on. I wish I was a machine sometimes.

I can hardly wait for my first 300BB swing. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]