Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-2005, 02:57 AM

Default Can you raise this river?

Hero is me, "Shady Poker"

3/6 limit on Pokerstars, no strong reads really, haven't been playing all that long at this table:

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (12.33 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP3 folds, Button calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (11.16 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls, Button calls $2 (All-In).

River: (22.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font> <font color="green">Hero Calls or Raises? </font>
<font color="green">
On the flop I'm very confident of my hand obviously, but on the turn I three bet to see where I'm at and he caps it! This seems like a very strong play and the only hands that beat me right now are KK 46, and 69. I can rule of KK pretty safely, 46 is possible I guess but is it really possible that this guy limped utg with 69?! I mean, some people do like to play that specific hand and it seems like thats the only real hand that could be raising me on the raising my three-bet on the turn, because of this on the river when he bets I feel like I have to flat call due to his immense strength on the turn, unless hes just throwing money away... Can you really raise on the river?? </font>

Results in white:
<font color="white"> Hero calls and wins the pot.
Final Pot: 24.50 BB
Main Pot: 21.16 BB, between Hero, Button and UTG.
[Pot 2: 3.33 BB, between Hero and UTG.

Just for reference, Eptiaph is UTG (guy who capped on the turn)
Mrarataca is the all in button

*** SHOW DOWN ***
Eptiaph: shows [Jd Ks] (a pair of Kings)
Shady Poker: shows [8h 8d] (three of a kind, Eights)
Shady Poker collected $20 from side pot
mrarataca: mucks hand
Shady Poker collected $124 from main pot

*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $147 Main pot $124. Side pot $20. | Rake $3
Board [5c 8s 7s Kc 2d]
Seat 1: Shady Poker showed [8h 8d] and won ($144) with three of a kind,
Eights
Seat 2: vonstar11 folded on the Flop
Seat 3: Lordsmo folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: northsideSTL folded on the Flop
Seat 5: sampson777 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: mrarataca (button) mucked [Qs Ts]
Seat 7: bigcat38 (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 8: blue0307 (big blind) folded on the Flop
Seat 9: Eptiaph showed [Jd Ks] and lost with a pair of Kings
Seat 10: simmo2001 folded before Flop (didn't bet)

</font>