Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-26-2004, 10:55 AM

Default Re: I think my biggest leak is...

Just ordered your book today, looking forward to it.

I think your post is missing something though: a leak is only big if it's a significant money loser with regularity against your opposition. You play in relation to your opponents is what makes money, not your play unto itself.

In low limit games, where there are frequently players so bad they can be 5-10BB/hour losers. This provides awesome overlay and cushions your mistakes in a way that can stifle learning.

I think what's lost most often is simply the understanding that, in these games, you don't have to play rocket-science poker - or even firecracker-science poker. Over thinking costs you money more often than not because it can lead to that fatal mistake of laying a hand down in a huge pot. All those well laid plans and hard thought plays that might gain a fraction of a bet once every month can lead to mistakes that loose you 10-20BB pots once a week.

About the AKo, AKs thing that was brought up. It was AKs that was the loser, AKo was the winner. And I didn't have near as many hands in my DB as I thought I did - a complete brain lock after having not played in a while.

I did however have a very bad habit of playing my AKs like a made hand. Problem "fixed".

- Jim