Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2005, 04:00 AM

Default Re: Let\'s Count The Pork

[ QUOTE ]
OK, so they point out pork. Have I ever said either party wasn't addicted to pork? Jeeze, Louise. And I don't give a flip if they worship Reagan or not. I certainly didn't.

[/ QUOTE ]No, and again you're a mile away from the point. You said partisanship was biasing the numbers I was using. That is what I'm refuting.

The CFG is biased for Republicans, and the Congressional Budget Office is not biased. The cute little quote you use sounds like just a quaint way of dismissing information you don't particularly enjoy, or maybe it's just a quaint way of excusing being to lazy to look into the numbers you come across or are shown.[ QUOTE ]
Do you have a comprehension problem? I couldn't have been any plainer. I answered everything you posted, didn't I?

[/ QUOTE ]I didn't ask you anything in my post. You told me something about how you don't take [censored] from people, you called me a Democrat, you told me you were a sarcastic person, you told me you never accused one party of spending more than the other, you quoted part of my post and said you wouldn't argue with it (can't you do that by, I don't know, just not saying anything?), and then you accused the numbers I used of being biased.

I don't care about you Nuts, and I didn't ask or imply anything about you. That's why I don't understand your post. Why all this information that no one asked for and isn't relevant to the discussion?
Old 10-23-2005, 04:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you'd read the instructions you'd know how to delete a post.

[/ QUOTE ]Uh, no. You can't delete a thread 24 hours after you make it. Arrogance and ignorance don't mix well.
Old 10-23-2005, 05:58 AM

I can't believe anyonw with an 1/8th of a brain could accept those ratings as fact. I am not reading any further in this thread.

This is not a partisan issue. This is a common sense issue. I do not need to prove myself, but for starters, their methodology is completely f'd up, they have a gignatic bias toward rating liberals lower, and they are funded by conservative groups. Every non-partisan watchdog group rates more conservatives lower in government waste ratings. It is a well known fact that Sen. Stevens (from my home stat) should be at or near the bottom of any list. He is ranked above average on that site.
Old 10-23-2005, 09:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Question: What do you personally plan to do to get pork spending cut, and what do you personally plan to do to address the deficit?

[/ QUOTE ]

I plan on not paying taxes, and not having anything to do with this scam.
Old 10-23-2005, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe anyonw with an 1/8th of a brain could accept those ratings as fact. I am not reading any further in this thread.

This is not a partisan issue. This is a common sense issue. I do not need to prove myself, but for starters, their methodology is completely f'd up, they have a gignatic bias toward rating liberals lower, and they are funded by conservative groups. Every non-partisan watchdog group rates more conservatives lower in government waste ratings. It is a well known fact that Sen. Stevens (from my home stat) should be at or near the bottom of any list. He is ranked above average on that site.

[/ QUOTE ]

BCPVP keeps citing that same website over and over again. I pointed out months ago that the "About Us" page has Republicans but no Democrats. Now others in this thread are pointing out that the funding comes from big corporations.

I think you are correct. Ignoring that website is the non-partisan, common sense thing to do. Despite the rants BCPVP has made, and will continue to make I'm sure, about that website.

-ptmusic
Old 10-23-2005, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I recognize the rating as a subjective measure created by people who do not like big government. Anyone who accepts something subjective as fact is pretty dumb.

[ QUOTE ]
they have a gignatic bias toward rating liberals lower

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess it's not possible that liberals are more wasteful of money than conservatives...

[ QUOTE ]
and they are funded by conservative groups

[/ QUOTE ]
who are usually interested in cutting wasteful spending...

[ QUOTE ]
Every non-partisan watchdog group rates more conservatives lower in government waste ratings.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure what this means. Do you mean that every non-partisan watchdog group rates conservatives lower than liberals or lower than they are at CAGW? If It's the latter, that's good. One should always look for other sources to see a bigger picture. I would be shocked if every gov't waste watchdog had exactly the same ratings for every member of Congress.

[ QUOTE ]
It is a well known fact that Sen. Stevens (from my home stat) should be at or near the bottom of any list.

[/ QUOTE ]
You think CAGW coddles Sen. Stevens? They seem to take pleasure in flaunting his wastefulness:
Senator Ted Stevens, (R- Alaska)
"I am guilty of asking the Senate for pork and proud of the Senate for giving it to me." -- March 15, 2001 Remarks from a National Public Radio appearance

"I want to put the Senate on notice that this year I am going to seek funds so that every village in Alaska has runway lights." -- March 15, 2001-- Comments during a Senate floor debate.

"All they are is a bunch of psychopaths." -- December 26, 1999 Associated Press

How did Alaska make out in the $317 billion defense bill? "Like a bandit," Stevens said with a half-suppressed smile. "Wait until you read it." - January 2, 2002 Anchorage Daily News

Sen. Stevens is Porker of the Month for July 2003

But I already explained that the ratings are not on how much pork each Congressman takes back to their state. The ratings are on whether or not the Congressman votes the way CAGW wants them to on certain bills.
Old 10-23-2005, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I pointed out months ago that the "About Us" page has Republicans but no Democrats.

[/ QUOTE ]
Which doesn't mean a whole lot since they regularly take Republicans to task for being wasteful. Rep. Ray LaHood (R-Ill.) is the Porker of the Month for October and in September it was shared between Reps. Don Young (Alaska) and Tom DeLay (R-Texas).

But tell me, ptmusic, is there a similar "liberal" organization dedicated to pointing out wasteful spending in Congress? By all means share it with us if such an org exists.

[ QUOTE ]
Ignoring that website is the non-partisan, common sense thing to do.

[/ QUOTE ]
Exactly what wasteful politicians would want us to do. Move along folks, nothing to see here...