Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2005, 08:46 PM

Default Re: Let\'s Count The Pork

[ QUOTE ]
What do you personally plan to do to get pork spending cut

[/ QUOTE ]
Not vote Democrat. They are more likely to waste my money and it's not even close.

[ QUOTE ]
and what do you personally plan to do to address the deficit?

[/ QUOTE ]
Continue to vote for people that work to reduce it.

[ QUOTE ]
Mostly quoted from a front-page dkos diary.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm always puzzled when the left crows about Republican's spending. It's kinda like watching a serial killer giving a shoplifter a lecture about obeying the law...
Old 10-21-2005, 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's all them damned Ree-publicans fault! Right, Grey?

[/ QUOTE ]Yes exactly. I'm glad you see my point. As shown by the Club for Growth numbers, when a Democrat was President and had veto power, pork projects remained at a steady zero. Then once Bush took power they jumped up. I'm glad someone around here can read.

Would you mind answering the question posed in my original post? I think your insight would be valuable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Grey, for some inexplicable reason you chose to omit the following, that I also posted...

[ QUOTE ]

No Dimma-crat ever wasted a single damned dollar! Right, Grey?

[/ QUOTE ]

When (and I'm not holding my breath) you get honest and point to the waste and "slop taken from the federal trough" by your purest-of-the-pure Democrats, I'll try and engage in a sensible discussion with you.

The Democrats are no different than Republicans when it comes to being little piggies. And they all do it for the same reason - votes.

Get off that cloud you flit around on, take off your blinders, quit screaming like some elementary schoolyard child and I'll debate any subject you want. Calmly, civily, sanely and to the best of my ability. If you've got facts, not BS, rumors or speculation, I'll look at them. If you're right about something, I'll admit it. I've been wrong before and I'll probably be wrong again sometime.

sign me,
An Ex Yellow-Dog Republican turned Independent
Old 10-21-2005, 09:43 PM

I omitted it because it was more of the same line of thought and quoting huge portions of posts makes for an unreadable and cluttered thread.

I never said anything about Republicans and Democrats. You did. I have no statements to back up on the subject. My post in response to you was pure sarcasm.

You can't make an honest argument that either the Democrats or Republicans waste more money. The only difference between the two is they like to spend on slightly different causes.

The primary way of reducing federal spending is to make sure the congress and the executive (or the two branches of congress) are clearly in the hands of different parties. Once they're in the same hands, we get things like the pork spending numbers, and these:

Old 10-22-2005, 12:42 AM

>>The primary way of reducing federal spending is to make sure the congress and the executive (or the two branches of congress) are clearly in the hands of different parties.<<

This is exactly right, IMO.

It's true that I am appalled and disgusted at the amount of damage the Republican dominated congress and executive has done to the country in 5 short years.

But the key issue is balance of power. That was the beauty of our system - and that is precisely what is being undermined now.
Old 10-22-2005, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

The Democrats are no different than Republicans when it comes to being little piggies. And they all do it for the same reason - votes.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a wonderful sign o' the times. Just a few years ago, no Democrat hater would put Republicans on an equal level with Democrats in terms of over-spending; that was strictly Dem's territory.

If nothing else, one must credit GWB with educating the masses on this subject.

-ptmusic
Old 10-22-2005, 09:00 PM

I wasn’t avoiding your post. I’ve been in the other forums. I honestly have to take an occasional break from this one.
__________________________________________________ ______________________________________

[ QUOTE ]

I omitted it because it was more of the same line of thought and quoting huge portions of posts makes for an unreadable and cluttered thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

If your motive was pure, fine. I agree with the idea. Too many posters are either too busy running around posting and take the lazy choice of “quoting” everything or are too dumb to know how to edit. The threads do get overloaded.

But, if your reason was that of a typical “point maker,” and you wanted to simply avoid something you didn’t like, then you need your nuts kicked. Not that I’m accusing you of that. I don’t know your intention. Only you do. I’ll just accept what you’ve said as truth.

And the reason I’m making a big deal out of this is because I want you to know something about me. If I think you’re f***ing with me or trying to f**k over me, I’ll call you on it.

[ QUOTE ]

I never said anything about Republicans and Democrats. You did.

[/ QUOTE ]

Every post of yours that I’ve read (and can remember) has given me the impression you are a loyal Democrat. I’ve only seen you attacking Republicans. If you’ve gone at Dems with the ferocity you’ve shown towards Repubs, point me in that direction and I’ll change my mind.

[ QUOTE ]

I have no statements to back up on the subject.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea whatsoever what that means.

[ QUOTE ]

My post in response to you was pure sarcasm.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am Mr. Sarcasm. Sardonic ‘r my middle name. I rarely fail to recognize true sarcasm.

[ QUOTE ]

You can't make an honest argument that either the Democrats or Republicans waste more money.

[/ QUOTE ]

You will not find one single post of mine in which I tried to argue in favor of one or the other’s spending habits. Piggies is Piggies. Politicians is tha biggest Piggies at tha trough.

[ QUOTE ]

The only difference between the two is they like to spend on slightly different causes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think their causes differ greatly, but I won’t argue the point.

[ QUOTE ]

The primary way of reducing federal spending is to make sure the congress and the executive (or the two branches of congress) are clearly in the hands of different parties. Once they're in the same hands, we get things like the pork spending numbers, and these: …

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that one party or the other controls both the Executive and the Legislative branches does not stop the pork problem. Can you point me in the direction of finding Dems who were denied their little Piggie Packages? They got, if not all, damned near every dollar they wanted for “their constituents. The folks back home.” They are no better or worse than the guys on the other side of the aisle.

Your graphs prove nothing. I’ve looked at graphs from both parties. They all put up their little charts “proving” their point.

I learned a long time ago, “Figures don’t lie, but liars sure do figure.”
Old 10-22-2005, 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your graphs prove nothing. I’ve looked at graphs from both parties. They all put up their little charts “proving” their point.

[/ QUOTE ]The pork numbers are from the friggin Club for Growth. Look at their webpage- they worship Reagan.

I don't know what the point of the rest of your post was but it sure was long and it sure was cluttered.
Old 10-22-2005, 10:10 PM

Damn I just realized I made a duplicate thread.
Old 10-22-2005, 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The pork numbers are from the friggin Club for Growth. Look at their webpage- they worship Reagan.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, so they point out pork. Have I ever said either party wasn't addicted to pork? Jeeze, Louise. And I don't give a flip if they worship Reagan or not. I certainly didn't.

[ QUOTE ]

I don't know what the point of the rest of your post was but it sure was long and it sure was cluttered.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have a comprehension problem? I couldn't have been any plainer. I answered everything you posted, didn't I? If you object to the format, i.e., taking your post apart and attempting to insure there were no misunderstandings, well that's YP not MP. After all, the "clutter" was your own words.

Grey, you truly disappoint me. But you don't surprise me.
Old 10-22-2005, 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Damn I just realized I made a duplicate thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you'd read the instructions you'd know how to delete a post.