Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2004, 04:10 PM

Default Best Win Rates for PP 15-30

I was wondering what the best win rates achieved on Party Poker 15-30 were, from people who keep accurate statistics (e.g. Poker Tracker). I think it would be cool to know what was within the realm of the possible, and I'm sure that 2+2 posters would be able to shed light on what constitutes "the best."

Please provide the number of hands you have in your database and give the win rate in units of BB/100 hands for uniformity.

Keep in mind that win rates take a very long time to converge. To give an example: Assuming your standard deviation is 15BB/100 hands, you would be about 98% sure that your win rate was accurate within 1 BB after 90,000 hands, meaning there would still be a 2% chance that your true win rate was more than +/- 1BB away from your listed win rate. This being said, the more hands you have, the more reliable the statistics are.

I'll start off with mine:

Total Hands: 104,147
Win Rate: 2.41 BB/100 hands
Old 12-06-2004, 04:14 PM

Default Re: Best Win Rates for PP 15-30

Nothing good can come from this thread.
Old 12-06-2004, 04:45 PM

Default PRIVACY

Most people on this site are private about both their playing names and stats.

I think this thread incringes on the privacy whereas your goal can be acheived without the apearance of shameless self promotion...

if you want to know what is within the realm of the possible, i think you can see that the more hands you have, the more the rate converges to its true rate. therefore, in the short run-maybe as much as 200,000 hands, you can have a win rate up to maybe 4bb/100 hands...but what is POSSIBLE will not really shock you...and you dont need to post your info to get it...discussions are welcome...

that being said. 2.41bb/100 or 1.45bb/hr (Assuming 60hands per hour) is certainly reasonable

-Barron

-Barron
Old 12-06-2004, 04:50 PM

Default Re: PRIVACY

I agree completely on privacy. I guess I assumed that the posts would be anonymous, meaning they wouldn't be linked to party handles.
Old 12-06-2004, 06:13 PM

Since you're new, you probably don't know this type of thread comes up about once every 2 weeks or so and gets at most 1 or 2 people talking about their winrates.

I've posted screenshots before of mine and taken quite a bit of [censored] for it. People think your bragging. Lower limit players are more likely to talk because the amount of money that is won at that level is far less and it doesn't rub people the wrong way as much. Still many people get on their backs as well.

Maybe since I'm so young (21), I don't quite understand life yet, but to me it really isn't a big deal about money. People get really uptight about it, but I guess I don't live a very private life. Others do. I don't really care if you know most stuff about me.

You talk about annonymity...there is more 'community' on here than there is on party poker so that's what they're talking about. People have made many 'real life' friendships because of this site and there isn't all that much annonymity really, especially if you post a lot.

Hope this puts a little perspective into your thread.

To answer your question, the best winrate I've seen after 100k hands is 4bb/100. That winrate was 3.7 last I heard after I don't remember how many hands. This is NOT my winrate. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2004, 06:46 PM

Default yea i get that shiet a lot too

tell them to stfu and keep grinding the micros
Old 12-06-2004, 07:38 PM

While we are it, we can also post our penis size, bench press #, and the name of our supermodel girlfriend. I'll go first:

Penis Size: 10 inches
Bench Press: 475 lbs
Super model girlfriend: Jessica Alba, with Anna K on the side

Anyway, in all seriousness, these conversations always breakdown 2+2 into two factions: the posters of win rates, and the "your win rate is impossible/your sample size is too small/prove it with a screenshot" crowd.
Old 12-06-2004, 08:03 PM

Penis Size: 10 inches

Shorty...

Bench Press: 475 lbs

Wimp...

Super model girlfriend: Jessica Alba, with Anna K on the side

Please, I have better pets....

-ActionBob
Old 12-06-2004, 08:33 PM

Likewise we could post our profile's Location as what position we placed in the WSOP! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2004, 10:51 PM

What I'm more interested in learning is win rates vs. # of simultaneous tables played. Because win rates do take such a long time to converge, I have yet to compile enough hands in each category of 1-table, 2-tabling, to 4-tabling. I'm very interested to know the average edge lost per table added, yet I have heard very little on this subject. I'm not sure why, since it might be a very important subject for some.