Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-27-2005, 05:39 PM

Default More $0.50/1 6-max or $1/2 full?

I've played about 10,000 hands at $0.50/1 full (I know it's not enough hands to be certain I am a winning player). I tried $1/2 and started off poorly. I also tried $0.50/1 6-max, and am flopping around the break-even mark (only 2,000 hands or so). I find myself doing dumb things occasionally in 6-max. I know if I really want to master this I need to play here longer.

I have enough bankroll to try $1/2 again. I'd like to move up faster if I am a winning player. I understand that it's important to play 6-max, and on Party it's generally looser. I am playing places with bonuses. I guess my goal, besides having fun, is to maximize winning money now and in the future, and for the future it's at a higher level (if I am a winning player).

I am only playing 2-3 tables at a time, and only playing once or twice per week for 1-3 hours per session, so it takes me a long time to play thousands and thousands of hands.

So, is there enough to learn at $0.50/1 6-max that will help at $1/2 and up?

Thanks,

-Tom