Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 03:29 AM

Default Re: Does he have a pocket pair often enough here?

[ QUOTE ]
um 1) I believe pokerstove is an excellent way to determine such things.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pokerstove is valuable for pre-flop or all-in situations. It is less valuable for situations in which you might not see a river or might not call the river (i.e., might not see a showdown).

[ QUOTE ]
2) i only have the stats he provides so I can only say how I play against an unknown. If I had more reads on him, depending on the player I check call river or bet fold bet call maybe even fold flop/turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah - so it is not real clear what you'll be doing on the turn, even against an unknown, right? Or when you said you'd call, ck-cl, donk you really meant "call flop C/R and re-evaluate on the turn" or "call flop C/R, check turn, and re-evaluate the river based upon the cards that fall and the action on the turn"?

[ QUOTE ]
You have seriously got to find holes in my logic to try to rub in my face.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sort of, yes. But I'd think you'd want me to find holes in your logic. And I'm not doing it to rub it in your face.

[ QUOTE ]
I posted some controversial stuff and I got attacked for it and now I try to support what I had with concrete evidence and youre still trying to kill me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pokerstove != "concrete evidence." Pokerstove != analyisis of a flop decision. If I were trying to kill you, I wouldn't be posting in an internet forum.

[ QUOTE ]
What has this world come to. Sigh... I'm done posting for the night.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now I will be dickish: You stated this intention once before in this thread but then backslid. Why should I believe it now? Your argument is fine and a worthwhile position - I'm pushing back because (1) it's not as clear as you originally thought nor still think; and (2) you've acted like a bit of an ass in this thread and think that your "apology" gives you a free pass for prior transgressions against civility when it doesn't come close, and yet you still want to pretend that saying "sorry, but" means you're in the clear.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just want to know if I was TOTALLY out of line.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm an avid lurker of this forum because of the outstanding quality of the posts, intriguing insight, and comprehensive analysis of the posted hands. As an unbiased observer, I'll weigh in, fwiw.

The beauty of this forum lies not in the quantity of hands that are posted, but in the quality of the discussion that ensues. When I read the hand, and then your reply, I seriously had no clue what you were advocating. It was not an easy decision for me, but then again, I'm just a 3-6 player [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Blunt, I don't mind, but your post offered no insight, and therefore, no value to me, the OP, or this community. That's a shame, because the value in this forum comes from discussing the various angles of the hands, which was lost to some degree amid the infighting which could have been avoided.

/returning to lurking
Old 10-19-2005, 03:32 AM

We should all play him heads up, take his money, and buy nice [censored] with it.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so does anyone like my line of calling the flop raise, check calling the turn, and donking the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Did u read my post homie? The one with the sweet drawing of a shotgun?
Old 10-19-2005, 03:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We should all play him heads up, take his money, and buy nice [censored] with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where Daryn?

so you say it depends on the opponent. OP gave you a better than average read.

considering it further, i don't even think any read (besides one that reads him as really really passive) will effect our line here. i take my line against an unknown or a TAG. the point is that if villian has a king, a bet is going in on the river, so we can just spend that bet by donking the river, but also protect against a free SD vs a PP.

[ QUOTE ]
o by the way this is my VERY last post :P. If someone could defend my actions for me publicly in this forum, that would mean a lot. I feel like I got murdered for looking at Bush's daughter. I just want to know if I was TOTALLY out of line.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you were out of line. But this post sounds to me like suitable introspection. I'm not trying to murder you, even if my reponses have seemed very harsh - my reponses are a version of the tough love you employed with your 'move down' post. I'll stop now, and leave it at: I wish you the best of luck; I will treat you as a solid 'citizen' of the forum; I will not ignore your posts; I will think about your contributions with a clear head in all future threads; and I will take your posts as written without any prior baggage to the best of my ability.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:54 AM

Default The response to everyone that hates me.

ggbman- I have watched your comments and I read your comments very thoroughly as I respect you as one of the very best on 2+2 midhigh. as far as playing heads up with you I'm fairly sure even at the top of my game I am in a WA/WB situation(and its not the first). But given enough odds I will play you in a low stakes 5/10 game where I feel comfortable at home and not too stupid against a 2+2er as yourself. However, the comments you made to me have been(IMO) worse than the comments I provided, and I feel it is unjust that I am the only one getting hammerred home.

NLsoldier- I also respect your play(but sorry not as much as ggbman) and given some odds I just might play you heads up. I'm not thrilled about it, because I can always find fish to play with why 2+2? But I am a poker player and poker players have big egos, so I'm fairly confident I'd put up a good fight. I'm more willing to play Lmn because it seems(to me at least) that he is human with mistakes just like me where I can exploit. some of you guys are like machines. I cant win. But he could be easily be better than me. After all I'm basing all of this on a hand that I thought was particularly basic especially to someone of his stature(that should be a compliment right?)

Joker- thanks for defending me. Now I wont jump off the nearest bridge and close my 2+2 account cuz of tonite.

Catt- in my first few posts I posted with smilies thinking it would make the tone of my post in a more positive light. I did not do this to make fun of apologies. Notice the wink when I asked for his account name. This was made in good nature. If you and the rest of these people that hate me insist that it wasnt I cant win the arguement.
Old 10-19-2005, 04:23 AM

Well I have a feeling this thread is going to go huge, so I'll get my post in early. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I call down because it's pretty standard for the BB to just overcall a K or 2 here (even though I believe he should probably raise both).
Old 10-19-2005, 04:37 AM

Default Re: The response to everyone that hates me.

[ QUOTE ]

NLsoldier- I also respect your play(but sorry not as much as ggbman) and given some odds I just might play you heads up. I'm not thrilled about it, because I can always find fish to play with why 2+2? But I am a poker player and poker players have big egos, so I'm fairly confident I'd put up a good fight.

[/ QUOTE ]

awesome. name your time place and stakes please.