Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2005, 06:31 PM

Default KQo Button - 3 bet PF, Check the river

I know there's been a rash of KQo debates raging lately, so I wanted to see what you all thought of this one.

BB sees about half the flops, UTG sees 75%, and raises about half those. Table in general is fairly loose, with most players trying to get at the 2 players mentioned above. There is a well known 2+2'er sitting on my right, in the CO. Once UTG raised, my plan was to fold this if he entered the pot, and raise if he did not. Comments welcome on all streets, and I'm mainly concerned with my river check...

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (12.33 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

AK went thru my mind when he 3 bet me here, influencing the rest of my decisions thru the hand.

Turn: (10.66 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (13.66 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 13.66 BB
<font color="#009B00">Main Pot: 13.66 BB, between Hero, BB and UTG.</font>
Old 01-05-2005, 08:19 PM

Default Re: KQo Button - 3 bet PF, Check the river

When he checks that river its a sign that he jammed a draw that sniffed, unless BB is very passive bet with impunity
Old 01-05-2005, 10:16 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Re: KQo Button - 3 bet PF, Check the river

No read on the UTG1 coldcalling the initial raise?

Im folding. If no caller in between, I'd 3 bet him.

[ QUOTE ]
Once UTG raised, my plan was to fold this if he entered the pot, and raise if he did not.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about the 4 other players in between you and the UTG?

b