Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2005, 04:05 PM

Default A strange night for poker.

caesar's IN last night only played 4 hours but it was weird. It is hard to describe, personally it was a rough night for me. I would get good starting cards and then the flop would miss me completely and I would have to fold. I lost $204 over the course of four hours but I felt that I played good poker. I stayed in my discipline and didn't get stupid just because I was seeing big pots won with junk starting hands.

But this isn't anything out of the ordinary, sometimes, the flop just misses you and it is your responsibility to lose the minimum at times like these. Maybe it was a full moon or one of those cosmic conjunctions but the weirdos were out thick and there were more drunks walking around the boat than I have ever seen.

The play at the 6-12 game was just incredible. It is always loose with a bunch of callers but people were jamming the pot with bottom pair with multiple callers and the bottom pair would be good. I should have kept notes. I had plenty of time, because mostly I just watched the action and practiced my chip shuffle.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:02 AM

Default Re: A strange night for poker.

Mamma said there would be days like these...I just wish they weren't so often. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Are you playinig Tuesday? I plan on being there mid-day if I can clear my schedule.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:15 AM

There is a 99.9% chance of poker on Tuesday.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:22 AM

I won't have my drunk friends, so there will be a little less dead money in the game. Good luck tomorrow if I don't see you. (I'm more like 72.6%).