Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2005, 11:29 AM

Default Base closures.

Just making sure to remind all our "conservative" friends to throw a [censored]-fit over all the base closings about to be OK'ed by this administration. You wouldn't want to look hypocritical for doing that under Clinton, but not under Bush.

You can put this on your fridge or bathroom mirror so you can make sure to get angry when you wake up in the morning.
Old 05-13-2005, 12:12 PM

Default Re: Base closures.

[sarcasm on]A well reasoned and thought out post expressing the true nature of how many view the closing of ineffective and uneeded military bases. The poster should be commended for his attempt at initiating a thought provoking and rational discussion of the topic. Furthermore the poster should be commended for his open mind and his willingness to embrace other viewpoints.[sarcasm off]
Old 05-13-2005, 12:20 PM

Duck and weave, buddy. Duck and weave.
Old 05-13-2005, 03:07 PM

I did not realize that base closings was a Conservative/Liberal issue.

I did hear a particular US Senator throwing a ****-fit over a base being closed in MA. This senator's name is Edward Kennedy. I already heard clips of his speech TWICE today.

The REAL TRUTH is that the OP is BLIND to is every politician who has a base being closed in their district is going to throw a hissy fit. The real hyprocracy is politicians who vote to cut military spending (eg Edward Kennedy) now speaking out to maintain military spending in HIS DISTRICT.
Old 05-13-2005, 03:14 PM

This was one of the things that was thrown at Clinton and his "destroying the military" routine the Republicans would throw at him from time to time.

I worked with a guy who held Clinton personally responsible for the death of some of his friends in training accidents, etc.

I just find it rather ironic that I don't hear a peep out of those on the far right during this round of closings...or that their contention is that *these* base closings are acceptable calculated whereas the others were just "slick willy" destroying the fabric of our national defense.

I calls 'em like I sees 'em.
Old 05-13-2005, 07:07 PM

This was one of the things that was thrown at Clinton and his "destroying the military" routine the Republicans would throw at him from time to time.
I don't think so. Do you have a link?
Clinton was criticized for reducing military expenditures and depleting the military's arsenal of cruise missles and other equipment without replacing the stock. It was Bush43 that authorized money to restock our cruise missle supplies.

The base closing during the Clinton administration was led by a supposedly bi-partisan committee. This committee was a necessity because predictably all politicians will oppose base closings in their disricts.

I just find it rather ironic that I don't hear a peep out of those on the far right during this round of closings...or that their contention is that *these* base closings are acceptable calculated whereas the others were just "slick willy" destroying the fabric of our national defense.
Why should I make a peep out of closing a base?
As a tax payer I want the military to spend tax money efficiently. And again I'd love to see a link where right-wingers criticize Clinton on the base closings. I don't think you can find one....

I calls 'em like I sees 'em.
Then you need glasses with a very strong perscription. Otherwise you would have noted Edward Kenndy's *****ing about the Pentagon closing a base in MA. I suppose in your world liberals never ***** while conservatives do.