Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2005, 07:44 PM

Default PokerOffice questions

Anybody have an opinion on the usefulness or thoroughness the live table stats of PokerOffice as compared to PlayerView? Do any old-timers here use this program? Most of the posts I’ve seen are from very new people.

Before you jump on me for not just trying it myself, I’ll explain a bit ...

I’ve been using PT for quite a while. They have a track record. PT never accesses the internet except to download hand histories, and then it accesses only my own email server, not any other site.

I started downloading PO today to have a look. While the download was going on I read their site and some of the posts here about it. It appears to me that the software accesses the internet every time it is started up ... paranoia strikes and I cancel the download.

So, the additional question(s). Does anybody know what PO is doing on the net? Does it maintain the connection throughout play or does it seem to just check for a legit registration code on start-up?

Have any PO users ever had trouble with someone else accessing / emptying their poker accounts? Like I said ... paranoia strikes. There could very well be legitimate reasons for the program to have internet access.
Old 03-27-2005, 02:12 AM

Default Re: PokerOffice questions

I think they answered this question on the site a bit ago. They said it is looking for a legit registration.

One other time they say it will give you a message that it is trying to access the net is if you are using the MySQL database. They say that it is using the loopback address, or something along those lines.

I have not done it myself but others have checked via Netstat and other sniffing tools and it is doing just as they say and nothing else.

pdx