Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2005, 10:27 PM

Default 77 vs single

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em
Converted w/ PonksSaver: http://www.pokermentor.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=510
- - - HAND 3245901193 - - -
PreFlop: <font color="blue">HERO</font> is Button with <font color="green">7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]</font> <font color="red">7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]</font> (5 Players)
1 <font color="darkred">fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="blue">HERO</font> <font color="darkgreen">raises</font>, SB calls, 1 <font color="darkred">fold</font>, UTG+1 calls,

Flop: (7.00 SB) <font color="black">2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]</font> <font color="green">2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]</font> <font color="black">T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]</font> (3 Players)
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="blue">HERO</font> <font color="green">bets</font>, SB <font color="darkred">folds</font>, UTG+1 calls,

Turn: (4.50 BB) <font color="red">4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]</font> (2 Players)
UTG+1 checks, <font color="blue">HERO</font> <font color="green">bets</font>, UTG+1 <font color="darkgreen">raises</font>, <font color="blue">HERO</font> calls,

River: (8.50 BB) <font color="blue">6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]</font> (2 Players)
UTG+1 <font color="green">bets</font>, <font color="blue">HERO</font> calls,

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

Average bad dude no read beyond that. 2 fish, 3 average total. Been running REAL bad at this table losing 10 hands in the last 30 minutes to ugly bad beats. So my image sucks. Man its hard to fold 5 hands in a row to a turn raise HU with TP TK only to find each time you have been outdrawn. This is #6.

Is this a fold considering I have caught around 3-4 bluff attempts at me recently?
Old 12-22-2005, 11:12 PM

Default Re: 77 vs single

Normally I fold to the turn c/r, but you say they're starting to take shots at you, so it's hard to say. You say you've caught 3-4 bluff attempts, which means you called them down and won? Showing down winning hands should slow down the bluffsters a little. Still seems like a fold is in order to me. Reads would help, something other than "average bad dude".
Old 12-22-2005, 11:59 PM

I think you have to let it go to the turn c/r. It's not a good sign.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:56 AM

The real delema is when every hand you play the opponent raises you on the turn... because they keep out drawing you on 2-4 outers. The other opponents start seeing you fold and then start making bluffs at you.

I say time to leave the table unless you can hit some hands.
Old 12-23-2005, 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The real delema is when every hand you play the opponent raises you on the turn... because they keep out drawing you on 2-4 outers. The other opponents start seeing you fold and then start making bluffs at you.

I say time to leave the table unless you can hit some hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know the feeling, but trust me when I tell you that you're over thinking it. Just play good poker. Most of the people you're playing against are paying enough attention to notice if you folded to every turn raise during a session.
Old 12-23-2005, 02:11 AM

This is fine. The read you'll get is nice.
Old 12-23-2005, 03:00 AM

If they're taking shots at you, call down. If villain is generally aggressive, call down. If villain is average / passive, or if you have a good image, I fold the turn.

-Brian