Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2005, 10:48 PM

Default 88 in the BB

Villain is 23/10 over 70 hands

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (7.40 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP3 calls.

Turn: (5.70 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls.

River: (7.70 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 8.70 BB
Old 12-01-2005, 11:01 PM

Default Re: 88 in the BB

I may have 3-Bet this semi-steal.

If someone who was the aggressor the whole
hand checks an Ace on the river, would you
try to take the pot from him?

-ZEN
Old 12-01-2005, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If someone who was the aggressor the whole
hand checks an Ace on the river, would you
try to take the pot from him?
-ZEN

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair point - probably not. I don't see him calling a bet with many worse hands though, so I like it.
Old 12-01-2005, 11:36 PM

A preflop 3-bet is something to consider, but I think the call is all right (and it does set up the flop checkraise).

The flop and turn are good.

On the river, you're probably beat, but I wonder if Villain will have KQ (or even something like T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]) often enough for us to call. There are 15 combos of KQ that we beat, and AK/AQ is now only 24 combos. These aren't the only hands that are possible, and when Villain bets, I think the chances that he has KQ go down somewhat. But it's something to consider.

I guess betting might finally drive out 99/TT (though I have my doubts), and that's something else to consider.

I don't know. I might have check-folded the river too, but I'm thinking a check-call or bet-fold might be better.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:39 AM

I don't like bet/fold the river since I don't think he'll call with too many worse hands. You all think a check/call is good often enough when he bluffs?

I also don't like reraising pf, but that is prob a leak of mine.