Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2005, 07:04 PM

Default Re: I need PROOF!

Yes but.

First off, I'm sure you don't mean your post to insult me or anything like that, just to point out a flaw in the reasoning of my stats.

Secondly, I clearly don't personally care what my ROI is or care to brag about it or anything like that.

Thirdly, I was just giving my stats as a "I'm close to 1000 games with these, so maybe they'll satisfy the raving guy in the corner" type of thing, not as a "check out my cock" sort of thing.

Fourthly, the point of my post I guess was that 1000 games isn't really so many either. If I can have 700 games at 44% or whatever, surely it's not that unreasonable that my next 300 could be on some kind of heater too. If someone wanted to be "sure" they had a ROI over 40, they'd probably want to have a sample in the multiple thousands of games, not just 1000.

Lastly, I believe that at the 10s and 20s at least, 30+ is very very attainable. If someone made a large enough payment to me to make me care about it (aka, replace the lost income, I'd go and play them just to get the stats. But no one's going to do that.

I'm sure there's other completely capable of generating great stats at the 10s and 20s players out there, and like me, they have very little to compell them to play those games for large samples.

citanul
Old 07-26-2005, 07:09 PM

citanul I wasnt responding to you was responding to original poster!!! I sometimes hit the reply button under another response.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
citanul I wasnt responding to you was responding to original poster!!! I sometimes hit the reply button under another response.

[/ QUOTE ]

gotcha. i didn't mean to come off as angry or anything like that, just trying to be informative for a change [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

citanul
Old 07-27-2005, 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok I am tired of everyone saying that a 40% ROI is possible over an indefinite length of time. There is no way I buy this. I have never even heard of a single poster on this forum who has claimed a 30%+ for a 1000 tourney sample (at any level). If anyone can give me a screenshot of SNG/Poker tracker with a 1000+ tourney sample and any ROI above 30% I would greatly appreciate it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen a few players state this for the lower levels and it is entirely believable. I mean, do you really think that if Curtains, Raptor, Adanthar (name any other top player) wanted to slum on the 11s, they couldn't be over 30%? I hate to get involved in this because it turns into an e-penis measuring contest. I know for a fact that an ROI over 30% at the 11s is possible from personal experience. I don't say this to brag, because if I was any good at poker I wouldn't be playing the 11s. (That and I used my B/R for stuff like building a deck, going on vacations, etc and I was content with the steady extra money with low variance while learning to play.) Obviously I understand that a player at the 50s with an ROI of 8% is better than me, so I'm not bragging, just answering your question. I don't use Pokertracker, so I can't "prove" this with a screenshot. (I also don't care to prove it, since again, it's not anything to be proud of or anything.) I suppose if someone wanted to look up one of my screennames on Pokerprophecy they could see my ITM and do the math.

But anyway, Lorinda has stated that 40% is attainable on the 11s and it is totally believable. (Not that I am or was at 40% at any time.) To say that 30% is not attainable long term at the 11s is similar to claiming that the earth is flat, IMO.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:50 AM

Honestly I don't know if I could get a 30% ROI 8 tabling the $22s or $33s, but I could be wrong. The $11s I think there's a decent chance.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Honestly I don't know if I could get a 30% ROI 8 tabling the $22s or $33s, but I could be wrong. The $11s I think there's a decent chance.

[/ QUOTE ]

is 8 tabling the new 4 tabling?
Old 07-27-2005, 12:56 AM

1 or 2 tabling, YOU could hit 30% on the 11s in your sleep.

I don't really see how 30% is so unbelievable for someone playing the 11s. I mean, 20% should be attainable by anyone just not making horrible mistakes.

Seriously, I talk all the time about my shortcomings and I was in the 30s. Its the 11s for crying out loud!
Old 07-27-2005, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok I am tired of everyone saying that a 40% ROI is possible over an indefinite length of time. There is no way I buy this. I have never even heard of a single poster on this forum who has claimed a 30%+ for a 1000 tourney sample (at any level). If anyone can give me a screenshot of SNG/Poker tracker with a 1000+ tourney sample and any ROI above 30% I would greatly appreciate it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody that smart would be that stupid. If you catch my drift.

eastbay
Old 07-27-2005, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nobody that smart would be that stupid. If you catch my drift.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL
Old 07-27-2005, 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1 or 2 tabling, YOU could hit 30% on the 11s in your sleep.

I don't really see how 30% is so unbelievable for someone playing the 11s. I mean, 20% should be attainable by anyone just not making horrible mistakes.

Seriously, I talk all the time about my shortcomings and I was in the 30s. Its the 11s for crying out loud!

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think being in the 30s for the $11s is hard to beleive, as I said I wouldn't be shocked if I could do it. I'm not sure if I could longterm in the $20s and $30s, but again I might be wrong about this.