Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2005, 05:14 PM

Default I need PROOF!

Ok I am tired of everyone saying that a 40% ROI is possible over an indefinite length of time. There is no way I buy this. I have never even heard of a single poster on this forum who has claimed a 30%+ for a 1000 tourney sample (at any level). If anyone can give me a screenshot of SNG/Poker tracker with a 1000+ tourney sample and any ROI above 30% I would greatly appreciate it.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:19 PM

Default Re: I need PROOF!

At what levels?

I am sure 30% is sustainable at the party $11s for any good player following Aleo's basic guidelines...

You asked for proof of which I have none (yet), but once I complete my 1000 games I will let you know [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-26-2005, 05:20 PM

What makes you think that everyone in this forum supports the claim that 40% ROI is attainable over an indefinite amount of time?
Old 07-26-2005, 05:20 PM

Oh yay, another ROI discussion.

Where exactly are you getting these numbers? You said nobody here has claimed to reach this target, so who has?
Old 07-26-2005, 05:21 PM

"I am sure 30% is sustainable at the party $11s for any good player following Aleo's basic guidelines..."

Nope.

OP:
40%?? Sure it's possible at the $11s. Just that all the people that could do it make more playing higher stakes. So in short, no one has done it since it's not worthwhile.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh yay, another ROI discussion.

Where exactly are you getting these numbers? You said nobody here has claimed to reach this target, so who has?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am just saying that a bunch of people seem to think 40% is possible yet nobody has ever come close to achieving it. I am positive that 30% is possible and I was merely wondering if anyone can prove that they have accomplished this.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:31 PM

I posted this earlier today in response to an O8 ROI thread.

[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, if you get anywhere close to 50% long-term playing the O8 11's, you're wasting your time. That's part of the reason the argument about the max attainable NLHE ROI at the 11's is unresolved, and usually treated in a highly theoretical manner. No one with the skill to beat the 11's for a huge ROI won't be able to make tons more money by moving up to the 33's or 109's, even if their [ROI] drops.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW you'll get your 30%-through-1000 screen shot. I'm sure someone's done that.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:31 PM

Honestly, I don't see why it matters. It shouldn't affect your play in any way. If people are claiming 40% but are actually getting 30%, more power to them.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:32 PM

I forget who, but somebody posted that they did 38 or 39% over more than a 1000 games a while back.

I believe Lorinda has done over 40% for a lot of games, but I don't know how many. I doubt you'll get a screenshot of her records.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:35 PM

30% is definitle attainable. I play mostly $50+$5 SNGs and have a ROI of 26% so far this month (all be it only 317 tournies). If I hit the magic 40% by the time I get to 1000 games, I'll let you know. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

(If I knew how to attach files to posts I'd show you)