Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2005, 06:22 AM

Default Kyrgyzstan starts the ball rolling

Voters in the (ex-soviet) Republic of Kyrgyzstan have the wonderful option of casting a vote “Against All Candidates” !

Isn’t this wonderful?

[ QUOTE ]
A woman in Osh, who gave her name as Tamara, said she chose that option because "those who want power -- they're all the same."
The Against-All option was chosen by less than one percent nationwide.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a start.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:23 AM

Default Re: Kyrgyzstan starts the ball rolling

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

It is possible to vote blank in many countries though. It has been used as protest sometimes.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:28 AM

Not a bad idea. In this country you can cast a vote for none of the above by leaving the ballot blank. But the Democrats try to count those blank votes as votes for Democrats (see Florida 2000, Gore picks up blank votes in attempt to steal election).
Old 07-11-2005, 08:01 AM

I live in the UK, we have Democracy in name only, there is only one party in reality, you are allowed to spoil your paper here. I think if they made voting compulsary, around 60% of the country would vote for 'none of the above'.

Regards Mack
Old 07-11-2005, 08:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not a bad idea. In this country you can cast a vote for none of the above by leaving the ballot blank. But the Democrats try to count those blank votes as votes for Democrats (see Florida 2000, Gore picks up blank votes in attempt to steal election).

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh you gotta love this guy, anyway he never had a chance of getting away with this scheme as Bush had one of his Brother in laws/Cousins in charge of the count in every close run state, always remember it pays to be prepared, thrust/parry.

Mack
Old 07-11-2005, 08:08 AM

Default The nihilist kind

Anarchists who will always vote say this: They put in the envelop some thin, creamy food substance (think: pie). After their envelop gets inside the box, the substance gradually seeps out and corrupts lots of other envelops as well, rendering them all "invalid". Anarchist objective achieved...
Old 07-11-2005, 08:12 AM

Default Re: The nihilist kind

Haha, no I'm not an Anarchist, I support the idea of Democracy, but I think the reality is mightily different and the concept seems to have stumbled or corrupted somewhere along the line.

Mack
Old 07-11-2005, 08:24 AM

Default Re: The nihilist kind

Hehe,
I made some fun of my mother some years ago too. She thinks that everyone should vote as a duty. I teased her saying I was not going to vote, and she should not convince me to vote as it would reduce her chance to get elected (she headed a list for the parliament) [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. She actually wanted me to vote even if I voted for her opponent (political, not familiar reasons).

P.S. She was elected and many of my friends said they had voted for her even if they did not agree in her politics. Not much steadfastness there [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 07-11-2005, 08:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh you gotta love this guy, anyway he never had a chance of getting away with this scheme as Bush had one of his Brother in laws/Cousins in charge of the count in every close run state, always remember it pays to be prepared, thrust/parry.

Mack

[/ QUOTE ]

The media doesn't get to count the votes (Bush's cousin is in the media). The media would probably do as well as they do with their polls (with the usual liberal bias).

Meanwhile, a tiny ray of light through a non-detached chad counts as a solid vote for Gore.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mack

[/ QUOTE ]

The media doesn't get to count the votes (Bush's cousin is in the media). The media would probably do as well as they do with their polls (with the usual liberal bias).

Meanwhile, a tiny ray of light through a non-detached chad counts as a solid vote for Gore.

[/ QUOTE ]

2000 wants its partisan quarrel, in which no side will ever admit defeat, back.